• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Still pulling fur out

kellycarla

Warren Scout
Charlie is still pulling out his fur and eating it. I treated him with Anti-Parasite Ivermectin Spot On.. on Wednesday afternoon and was just wondering if any one knows or has an idea of how long it should take to take effect. I am worried that he is going clog up his insides if he carries on like this:cry:. BTW does anyone know why they eat the fur! is it so they know the mites wont survive:?

My vet said the anti parasite spot on stuff you buy OTC wasn't effective & they need a jab at the vets if they do have mites. I'd call your own vet to check their opinion on this.

Did his Snuffles start before the fur pulling? It could be the Snuffles has brought him low giving the mites (if he has them) a chance to get a hold. Have you checked his fur, right down to his skin to see if there is any sign of mites (dandruff) or black specs (fleas). If he has mites then he needs a course of Ivermmectin injections from the Vet. Hope you can sort him out soon. Was he a PAH bunny?

Did his Snuffles start before the fur pulling? It could be the Snuffles has brought him low giving the mites (if he has them) a chance to get a hold. Have you checked his fur, right down to his skin to see if there is any sign of mites (dandruff) or black specs (fleas). If he has mites then he needs a course of Ivermmectin injections from the Vet. Hope you can sort him out soon. Was he a PAH bunny?

Yeah he is a PAH bunny we got him on 14th Nov, started sneezing the next day and was at the vets (Vets4Pets-in with with PAH) on 18th Nov, ever since then he has been on various antibiotics, but when he came back from the vets last Saturday (not yesterday) he started pulling the fur out within an hour or so.... there was a lot of hair on the vets table (belonging to another animal)... I think its definately mites theres no blacks bits but you can see tiny white bits on his fur a bit like grains of salt

Back