• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Help - PLEASE!!!

Sheila N

New Kit
Hi, I have a 5 month old neutered female and a 14 week un-neutered male (he will be neutered in the next 2 or 3 weeks) - I have been introducing them gradually over the past month and (I thought) all was going well! Meetings on neutral territory went very well and they were grooming each other and eating together. For the past week they have been sharing an outdoor run and happily playing together during the day. The problems have started when they've been put into a hutch together - they just will not share this space! They won't come into contact with each other and if Nancy approaches the Arnie he just bolts out of the way. Luckily they are in a 5' two storey hutch so I have separated the floors by blocking off the ramp and one is upstairs and one downstairs. If anyone has any advice on how to get them together it would be gratefully received 😀

Hi & welcome to RU:) I think the best chances would be to keep these two separate until after Arnies op as his rising hormones are likely to unsettle their relationship dynamics

Did you put them into the female's hutch by any chance? This would be her territory and she won't accept him in it.

Did you put them into the female's hutch by any chance? This would be her territory and she won't accept him in it.

It is Nancy's hutch - I thoroughly cleaned and disinfected it though and then scrubbed it out with a 50/50 dilution of white vinegar and water. She doesn't seem bothered about him being there - she approaches him quite calmly but he just freaks out and charges around like a madman!

Last edited:
Back