• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Towel or Fleece?

Mae

Young Bun
Hi there~

I've got two little fleece blankets to line the bottom's of the hutch when they live in the shed, however they are temporarily (and I think for the rest of the year because we're having a bad winter) living in the run in my bedroom.

So I have two little fleece blankets, which would work, but I also have a large towel.

I'm leaning towards the towel because it can line the whole floor and not just part, but is towel okay for rabbits?

I know fleece is good because if they do accidentally ingest a little then it wont harm them (obviously only a little though)

But would a towel work? My mum saw it in a charity shop and said she thought it would be good for the buns and its all washed and out on the washing line...

I'm picking the bunnies up tomorrow and so I'm setting up the run now, would towel be okay or should I use the fleece?

I was just worried because it wont be big enough to cover the whole of the floor and I actually wanted to put one of them in the bottom of the carrier too...

Any thoughts?

Hi Mae. you could use both towel and fleece. Fleece stands up off the floor and works like a nappy liner. If a bunny accidentally pee's, the pee will go straight through the fleece and get soaked up by the towel. I use a towel with a fleece on top in my rabbit carriers when we go to the vet. That way I am guaranteed that bunny won't be laying in a pool of pee in the carrier while we are waiting. In my hutches I have vinyl / lino nailed on the floor and put just fleece on top of that. The fleece protects the bunnies from getting sore hocks. The vets use fleece and it's ideal if you have a compromised bunny who needs protection to it's body.

Back