• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Martha's home & help with litter training!

Shardy95

Young Bun
My Martha Bears home!
She is just the cutiest little bunny in the world :love: I picked her up yesterday morning, she's 8wks old today :)
She's been for a health check at my local vets and everythings just perfect, she was a very good girl :thumb: and she is settling in really well, she LOVES munching hay, and she's been binkying around her cage (as soon as I brought her home) :)
She's also had lots of kisses and cuddles from me and my mum. She's just too cute!

The only thing she hasn't mastered as of yet, which is to be expected. Is Litter Training!
She's been in her litter tray and had a little nap in there but she hasn't used it yet, I've been putting her poops in her tray but she still hasn't gone in there to do her business, she's been doing it in her house and around her run. I've put Back 2 Nature Litter in her tray and some Hay.

Is there anything else I should be doing or am I doing everyone right? Any tips would be greatly appreciated :)

I'm completely in love with her, she's just so perfect. :love:

Last edited:
Litter training doesn't come naturally to a lot of bunnies so patience is needed and hopefully she will get the idea. If she loves her hay have you put that in the litter tray as this will encourage her to get used to eating and pooing at the same time :D She is still a baby and a lot depends on whether Mum was litter trained or not.

I think you're doing everything right, just need a lot of patience, as Tonibun says it comes a lot easier with some bunnies. I'm pleased to hear you are enjoying having her home. Looking forward to photos

Litter training doesn't come naturally to a lot of bunnies so patience is needed and hopefully she will get the idea. If she loves her hay have you put that in the litter tray as this will encourage her to get used to eating and pooing at the same time :D She is still a baby and a lot depends on whether Mum was litter trained or not.

Thanks Tonibun for you quick response
I have put Hay in her litter tray yes :)
I'm not certain but I don't think Mum was litter trained.
joey&boo said:
I'm pleased to hear you are enjoying having her home. Looking forward to photos
Yes, I'm really enjoying having her home, and I'll be sure to post some pictures soon :)

Back