• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feebs needs a girlfriend

camerajuan

Warren Scout
Seriously thinking about getting Feebs a girlfriend. His circling is getting more and more regular!

Can't do it until after holiday in September but I want to do it right so going to prepare properly.

Neutral introduction zone. Separate cages until they're comfortable with each other.

Going to make sure the female is spayed & roughly the same age give or take a few months. Need to be same breed as I LOVE Dwarf/Mini Lops.

Is there anything else I need to know/do prior to attempting a bond?

some rescues will help you with the bonding process.

I don't think the age matters, I'm sure you'll fall in love with a bunny once you start looking

Is he neutered?

Yes he is. I have heard that its dangerous to not have a female spayed if she's not to be used for breeding though. It can cause health problems?

some rescues will help you with the bonding process.

I don't think the age matters, I'm sure you'll fall in love with a bunny once you start looking

I've already fallen in love with one but she's taken :-( Jet black, brown eyes, loves me already. Was in Feebs boarding house last weekend & she was all over me when I opened her hutch.

The only neutral zone left in the house is the bathroom. Feebs has left his mark everywhere else so I think it's wise to use that room for introductions.

Ah she sounds cute, looking forward to photos. Is she spayed, you're right females have about 80% chance of getting cancer of the uterus so I would get her spayed asap if she isn't.

Ah!! I often wonder how Feebs is doing when I see your comments on the Echo Website (most of which I agree with and make me laugh!). Hope you find him a friend soon!

I expect you'll be able to find a suitable lady without too much trouble. Some places even offer 'holidays' where your rabbit stays and they pair them up if that is more practical for you :)

Ah!! I often wonder how Feebs is doing when I see your comments on the Echo Website (most of which I agree with and make me laugh!). Hope you find him a friend soon!

What's your username on the DE? I could spend all day on that site, pointing out how ignorant people are!

I expect you'll be able to find a suitable lady without too much trouble. Some places even offer 'holidays' where your rabbit stays and they pair them up if that is more practical for you :)

That's what I'm hoping.

With the "holiday" option, if they bond in a totally neutral zone to both of them, won't he become territorial when they come back into "his" house?

Ah she sounds cute, looking forward to photos. Is she spayed, you're right females have about 80% chance of getting cancer of the uterus so I would get her spayed asap if she isn't.

Feebs looks exactly like Doughnut! That's spooky!

The girl I liked isn't available :cry: but defo looking for a spayed girl once we get back from Thailand in September.

Most of the rescues I asked offered to take mine for a few days and do the initial bonding: I do have the luxury of an outdoor neutral area for them (their wendy house) when they come back. Conveniently Notts Nibblers are taking Lopsy while I'm out of the county for a weekend, so Matt doesn't have to change litter trays XD

What's your username on the DE? I could spend all day on that site, pointing out how ignorant people are!

I don't have an account, just find it entertaining to read. I once felt almost compelled to register so I could rant about the comments or story (I can't remember which!) but refrained!!

Back