• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny nibbling clothes

k1984

Mama Doe
What does this behaviour mean?

Bunny is very friendly....hops onto your knee, LOVES nose rubs...constantly follows you for attention....even tooth purrs when being stroked/nose rubs.

Handles really easily, and is happy to be held. However, when being held, can begin to nibble clothes. I scared she'll accidentally nibble my skin through my clothes!

I have put her down when she starts to nibble...but then she's straight back onto me wanting attention again!

What does it mean, and how can I combat this behaviour?

Thank you

Bunnies nibble their friends to get rid of matted fur, they sometimes also nibble clothes - presumably because they think it's fur. My bun tends to nibble on woolly clothes (and accidentally nibbles me). I find saying 'ow' tends to works to stop her from doing this as she seems to understand that it hurts me

Lilly does exactly this! If I'm wearing a vest top she'll seek out the material to nibble it rather than nibble my skin whereas with longer sleeved tops she'll nibble the arms, shoulders, anywhere that is material.

No idea why she does it though, I think she's probably "pulling my fur" to show annoyance that I've picked her up, bunnies will pull anthers fur in a dominance sort of way sometimes I'm wondering if she's just reminding me she's dominant over me and I shouldn't be undermining her dominance by picking her up :p

I like to think she's pulling my clothes saying "what are theses cloths you drape yourself in? Do you see me doing this? Do you realise you look ridiculous?! Are you stuck in them? Let me make holes so we can get them off you and you can look normal" :lol:

Only solution I've found is to put a top on I don't mind the odd hole in when I carry her! Usually a hoodie as that's thick enough she's unlikely to accidentally pinch a bit of skin under the clothes!

Back