• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

neauturing sam

kerrylouise

Warren Scout
I rescued my boy Sam a few weeks ago now, my plan was to get him neautred and introduce a female, I have been taxed on my wages an awful lot (stupid company) so don't have any spare cash (this has happened for the last 2 months) is there any way I can get some help towards the cost? He is lonely on his own :( if u hadn't been stung by the tax I would have had him done by now

I only know of PDSA but think you have to be on benefits to qualify. Have a look at their website.

I rescued my boy Sam a few weeks ago now, my plan was to get him neautred and introduce a female, I have been taxed on my wages an awful lot (stupid company) so don't have any spare cash (this has happened for the last 2 months) is there any way I can get some help towards the cost? He is lonely on his own :( if u hadn't been stung by the tax I would have had him done by now

In some areas the R.S.P.C.A. will offer neutering vouchers. Worth contacting them to ask ........

we wouldn't get anything off of the pdsa thank you will try rspca otherwise I'll get him done at the end of June just want him to have a friend asap and obviously can't rehome a female if he isn't neautred

we wouldn't get anything off of the pdsa thank you will try rspca otherwise I'll get him done at the end of June just want him to have a friend asap and obviously can't rehome a female if he isn't neautred

Good luck, let us know how you get on :thumb:

Once he is neutered he will remain fertile for up to 6 weeks, so you will need to bear that in mind if you obtain an entire Doe. Also both Rabbits will need vaccinating against Myxomatosis and VHD :) (Vaccine costs about £30-£40 each depending on individual Vets prices)

if I get an intact female I have space to keep them apart :) Sam is up to date with all of his injections and as soon as the little lady joins us she will be having her injections and be neautred if needed

if I get an intact female I have space to keep them apart :) Sam is up to date with all of his injections and as soon as the little lady joins us she will be having her injections and be neautred if needed

It is certainly a good idea to spay your female rabbit. From a health point of view, as she gets older there is a great risk of her developing uterine cancer. She will also be easier to bond with Sam. A rescue centre will have lots of spayed females for you and Sam to choose from. Sorry if you know all this already :wave:

If you *do* get an intact female, remember that Sam will still be fertile 3 weeks and possibly 4 weeks after his neuter, so don't put them together until a month has passed :thumb:

I do know but thank you for your advice :) I plan to have Sam done before I get her and hoping to get her from a rescue as would love Sam to meet her first :) Im thinking leave it 6 weeks after his op just to make sure he's fully healed and obviously if she isn't spayed will get her done for her health benefits then introduce them :)

Back