• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new house for bunnies

Rita

Warren Scout
we have started to put the new house together for the bunnies. this was my cattery which my ferrets lived in.
will the bunnies use the ladder, as they can gain access to shed. do your bunnies climb the ladder ok.
i have to do some painting to tidy it up.
can't wait for them to have this space to play in, i love watching them run round when i let them out, they do leap with joy. i wish breeders would see what the bunnies do when they have space to run and play, it's so sad to see them stuck in cages. :cry:
2ajqkr4.jpg
[/IMG]

All I can say is the ramp is very rabbit dependant!
I have one who thinks he is a mountain goat and another who wouldn't try the ramp probably!

The ramp looks very steep, I would worry about bunnies hurting themselves trying to get up there. Could you not replace it with some steps ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think the ramp looks too steep, they should love having it as long as they can't smell the ferrets. Some bunnies love their hutches though but obviously not as good as a shed.

what if i put a plastic tube on top of the ramp, will that be better.
tonibun the house has been washed with bleach many times since the ferrets have lived there, i know what you mean tho they sure do smell. :D
it does have a hutch, that's why i want them to use the ladder there is a hole at the top that leads into the shed which is a hutch with bedding. any other suggestions please, as i not sure what else they will need in there.

You could put something under the base of the ramp to make it less steep if you think it's necessary/if they seem scared to use it. They'll soon get the hang of it

i have an ikea lack table at the bottom of my ramp to make it less steep cos my two are wimps :lol: i should have a photo somewhere. they love sleeping on it too

ETA not a great photo but kind of shows it:

IMG_8396_zpsw3thwoos.jpg

i have an ikea lack table at the bottom of my ramp to make it less steep cos my two are wimps :lol: i should have a photo somewhere. they love sleeping on it too

ETA not a great photo but kind of shows it:

IMG_8396_zpsw3thwoos.jpg

that looks like a good idea, thank you i think that will be better for them.

Back