• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Otis doing his physio

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Otis has been here ten days now and we have settled into a great routine. Being a giant it is really physically hard for me but he is such a wonderful bunny it makes it all worthwhile :)

His sling arrived today which is so much better for my back than the fleece blanket I was temporarily using. We also use a beach ball which he falls asleep on during his exercises!

Before I go to bed we put a heat pad on his shoulders. I've also bought him a bean bag for him to chill on as it straightens his spine and it takes the weight off his underneath leg. Being so heavy he is going to be prone to pressure sores :(

I've finally found a physio who is enthusiastic about helping Otis and we hope to start acupuncture soon.

This bunny has taken over my life but I just love him :)

a921f41829e3d1964ef6f7716f5fa33c.jpg

94b7a9caaf7afd2503c4233995e3a285.jpg

f28097e9cb3b3312c2d3d486a27114b8.jpg

Oh gorgeous!! I can imagine that is a real handful. A mobile Conti is challenging enough! :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh what a great sight. Its very heart warming to read about all the effort you are going to for him. Lucky Otis.

Aww bless him :love:

I was hoping that you'd share some piccys of Otis having his physio. Is he totally immobile, or can he still shuffle around a bit on his own? My old BH is starting to loose the use of his hind legs (he has good days and some not so good), so I'm trying to think of ways that I may be able to help him along and feel more comfortable.

He has some movement in his back legs but is totally unable to walk. If I stand him up and place his legs in the right(ish) position he can balance for a short while unaided so there is hope. He needs to build up his muscles as there is nothing left.

We are doing lots of exercises as it is all neurological, there is no injury. Although his right hind leg is really stiff.

I also toilet him around six times a day and clean up his poop about 20 times a day!

Awww..handsome Otis :love:
I can barely touch Mimzy's tummy when he needs a rub during a stasis episode, I can't imagine having to put a sling on him were he immobile. He'd flip out. :shock:
He's looking pretty chill with his shoulder bag there. :) Landed on his feet with you he has. :love: xxxx

How inspiring. Thank you for posting those photos.
A lot of work for you but I'm sure he appreciates every moment xx

I was showing OH pictures of him the other day and he commented Otis looked almost as big as me! When I said he was disabled Matt said it was great that someone had the time and compunction to care for him :) Matt likes his beachball!

Back