• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter tray ideas

Bunny Magoo

Warren Scout
Hi all. So my house bun currently has 2 litter trays (1 in his cage and 1 in the hallway, which is on a mat)they are the corner style ones for rabbits. sometimes he seems to prefer sitting infront of his litter tray in the hallway to do his business! I use wood shavings/sawdust in the litter trays other than being messy from where he jumps in and out, this seems fine. Just wondering what others use for their litter tray and what you use in it? I've seen under bed storage seems popular - but concerned about the size and height of them. [emoji4]

Hi all. So my house bun currently has 2 litter trays (1 in his cage and 1 in the hallway, which is on a mat)they are the corner style ones for rabbits. sometimes he seems to prefer sitting infront of his litter tray in the hallway to do his business! I use wood shavings/sawdust in the litter trays other than being messy from where he jumps in and out, this seems fine. Just wondering what others use for their litter tray and what you use in it? I've seen under bed storage seems popular - but concerned about the size and height of them. [emoji4]

I just line with newspaper and fill with hay. They have a cat litter tray. :)

Mine have a cat litter tray, I tried the high back ones but he doesn't like it. (despite most days he wees a little over the side)

I just use wood shavings as the newspaper he removes and shreds!

I use Breeder's Choice cat litter and a big cat litter box I bought on Amazon. They used to have a corner-style litter box but they started tipping it over and making a big mess. :roll:

Mine have 32litre underbed storage boxes from tesco (three for a tenner) filled with newspaper, straw and hay. One per rabbit (a couple extra for the hares who like a good old dig about).

Thats what mine use 32litre ones but I also have one huge one from Ikea that all 3 can comfortably sit in at the one time...its about 80l , i think??

Under bed storage boxes with megazorb and hay and for buns with sensitive lungs I put newspaper on top of the megazorb and under the hay. For buns with mobility problems I use potting trays as they are open on one side.

Thats what mine use 32litre ones but I also have one huge one from Ikea that all 3 can comfortably sit in at the one time...its about 80l , i think??

I have those from Ikea - they are fab SAMLA is the name I think, a pain to empty though as you cant just tip them in a bin bag as they are so big!

Back