• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cleaning Apple Sticks?

BunnyLover34

Alpha Buck
I went outside to pick some apple sticks for Lance in the hope that he would stop chewing the furniture and all of his cardboard boxes. The tree isn't in the best condition and there splodges of yellow and green type stuff on the branches and I was just wondering if there is an easy way to get this off or if I should I even give it to him? I was thinking of trying to scrub off the green bits but it's a bit of a faff because of all the little knobbly bits on it so I'm really looking for a solution to remove it all quickly. Thanks :thumb:

i used to soak mine in boiling water and rubbed off the green bits (lichen i think??) but then i just started picking branches that don't have that on them! :lol: i'm sure someone said it's not harmful but i'm not 100% sure on that

i used to soak mine in boiling water and rubbed off the green bits (lichen i think??) but then i just started picking branches that don't have that on them! :lol: i'm sure someone said it's not harmful but i'm not 100% sure on that

I'll definitely try soaking them in water, thanks :) I did have a thorough look for ones that weren't covered in that lichen stuff but I don't exactly take pride myself on gardening so there were no clean ones to be seen!

I give mine branches with litchen all over them. Never had any problems but that may just be luck.

I didnt know it that it could be bad for them ...

Never experienced any problems when my bunnies past and present have chewed apple twigs/ branches with lichen on. Then some days, give them lovely fresh, clean spring greens....and their bottoms * burb* all over the place.......... Crazy...

Back