• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help

ghibli

Warren Scout
My rabbit Ghibli won't eat. We've just got married and it was really stressful for him, plus my wife works shifts so he doesn't go to bed and wake up at the same time, but we try to give him as much stability as posible. He gets fed at 8 AM and PM, but last night we had do go to bed right after we'd fed him. We had to get up at 4 am for her job, and he hasn't touched his food. He was perfectly fine right up until last night. I've got no way of taking him anywhere, and he's not even munching hay [he did eat loads yesterday]. I'm really worried, he's done this before and been ok. He's he's definitely a noted cos he peed on the floor, and before morning feed he came running out, but I wanted to make sure he was hungry so I waited until the alarm went off [he knows the noise and it usually makes him come out. He gets fresh hay every 4 hours, and a mix of mainly herbs and some veg [about a handful each time]. He seems to be scratching the carpet. There are no poops in his lit tray...

Please help. I don't know what to do!

My rabbit Ghibli won't eat. We've just got married and it was really stressful for him, plus my wife works shifts so he doesn't go to bed and wake up at the same time, but we try to give him as much stability as posible. He gets fed at 8 AM and PM, but last night we had do go to bed right after we'd fed him. We had to get up at 4 am for her job, and he hasn't touched his food. He was perfectly fine right up until last night. I've got no way of taking him anywhere, and he's not even munching hay [he did eat loads yesterday]. I'm really worried, he's done this before and been ok. He's he's definitely a noted cos he peed on the floor, and before morning feed he came running out, but I wanted to make sure he was hungry so I waited until the alarm went off [he knows the noise and it usually makes him come out. He gets fresh hay every 4 hours, and a mix of mainly herbs and some veg [about a handful each time]. He seems to be scratching the carpet. There are no poops in his lit tray...

Please help. I don't know what to do!

Hello

You need to get your Rabbit to a Vet ASAP. Not eating and no fecal output can indicate a very serious GI tract problem and there is no 'home treatment' that is appropriate. Please contact your Vet now.

I hope your Rabbit can be successfully treated xx

Yes, I agree with Jane, you need to get your rabbit to the vets urgently. Sending lots of vibes

They kept him in. There giving him special stuff for his digestion and monitoring him. He looked so scared, but I thought at least he'd be in the right place if something went wrong...

They kept him in. There giving him special stuff for his digestion and monitoring him. He looked so scared, but I thought at least he'd be in the right place if something went wrong...

You have absolutely done the right thing by taking him to the vet. Rabbits can fade away very quickly if you don't attend to them when they are not eating.

Good luck. Keep us posted x

Well done, it really was the best course of action for your Rabbit. I hope that the treatment will soon have him on the road to a full recovery. Do let us know how he is doing when you can xx

Oh bless, sending your bun lots of healing vibes and hoping he is soon back home with you again and eating.

Great news :) Ghibli's eating parsley without any prompting, and he's hopping about. I can pick him up at 4PM. I
I've missed him so much :-( and I don't care that it's cost over a £100 to have vet give him stuff we used to fees our rats when they felt sick, but I'm definitely stocking up on things like that for future emergencies. Thanks to everyone who sent out good vibes for him to get better and where just good human beings :) Thank you...

Happy to hear he is doing better. Bkackberry leaves are great for digestion. Mine has it as part of her diet everyday.

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0100 using Tapatalk

Great news :) Ghibli's eating parsley without any prompting, and he's hopping about. I can pick him up at 4PM. I
I've missed him so much :-( and I don't care that it's cost over a £100 to have vet give him stuff we used to fees our rats when they felt sick, but I'm definitely stocking up on things like that for future emergencies. Thanks to everyone who sent out good vibes for him to get better and where just good human beings :) Thank you...

Aaawww you're very welcome for all the support :thumb:

So glad you did the right thing and that Ghibli is well on the mend xx

Thank you so much MightyMax :) it was a really horrible afternoon, I seriously thought the worst, and thank you for the congrats. We are both really happy, but the vet thinks it might have played a part everything. We are all really happy, now :)

Thank you so much MightyMax :) it was a really horrible afternoon, I seriously thought the worst, and thank you for the congrats. We are both really happy, but the vet thinks it might have played a part everything. We are all really happy, now :)

You're very welcome :wave: I hope all goes well from now on in xx

Back