• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding question

beki

Mama Doe
My bunnies are on their 4th meeting and they have got to the ignoring stage with a bit of chasing. They had a little scuffle when they first met but nothing since. Do I have to keep my eye on them constantly when they are tote tree or am I ok leaving them for say half an hour and checking on them? I am doing an outdoor bond and with a toddler around I am finding keeping an eye on them permanently. Also when is a good stage to put them in a hutch overnight together? Obviously with an outdoor bond I can't keep an eye on them 24 hours, unless I bring them inside for a night or two but again I won't be able to watch them as the only suitable space I have is my kitchen!

It was so much easier last time as I had my bunnies indoor for the winter!

If there's no obvious tension between them than I think you're pretty safe to leave them to it for short periods. I bought a CCTV system for my shed when I bonded my trio. It was life-saver as I could be indoors but observe what they were up to.

I did leave them for a bit in the end, checking them every 20 minutes or so and also looking out the window. Everything went fine, they were together for around 4 hours until ruby got grumpy because it was raining, she doesn't like the rain, so I had to put her back

It sounds pretty positive to me :thumb:. It's scary leaving them unsupervised at first, even when it's only for 5 minutes. But if they're behaving themselves for 4 hours at a time then you're well on the way to a successful bond.

I'm glad it's going well. I'm going to keep Increasing the time and then after they have been together a day try overnight- I'm a bit scared to do this at the moment!

Back