• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lilly has inherited the old TV stand and loves it :D

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
We bought (and assembled) a new TV unit :D I think it looks great, it give me more storage and it hides wires very well! Lilly was occasionally scared when I was putting it up but mainly intrigued and just annoyed that I wasn't giving her attention and that I took up her whole rug to assemble it :lol: Here it is:

So that left me with our old TV stand, which was left in the house by the previous owners, it's a bit scuffed and varnished/painted badly so I was thinking of giving it away for free or taking it to the tip. It was sat in the middle of the lounge whilst I contemplated its future when Lilly climbed into it from the back (it's an open backed one) and I realised I could give it to her instead! So I moved the old coffee table and pushed this into the corner (Lilly's favourite corner) with the back facing out so Lilly could climb in and it works perfectly as another hidey-hole for Lilly! :D

Here's where it has gone:

And here is Lilly having her veg in it (excuse the funny marks, I tried to clean them off but I think it's where the varnish or paint has run!):

"It's not for climbing IN, it's for climbing ON!"

"ok mummy it's actually ok for sleeping in too!"

aw how sweet :love:

I'm so happy she likes it! She chose to hop in and lay down all by herself straight after I'd put it in! Well after climbing on it first which surprised me!

New unit looks very smart!

Every bun needs a tv stand :)

:lol: Definitely needs to be on every bunny's Christmas list!!!

I have run out of carpet scraps! I want to carpet it like I have with her hutch and her other cupboard but won't be able to :( although she doesn't seem to mind so I might just leave it and if she's not using it much because it's sloppy then I'll ask around for carpet scraps!

I think she may be a little bit too pampered :lol:

That's cute :D I wouldn't want to cut that to size though and if there's a free edge on it Lilly will eat it :lol: she seems ok in it at the moment, she's used to the laminate flooring in the lounge too so she should be fine, maybe it'll be a nice cool spot for her to lay whilst feeling a bit more protected, she's currently sprawled on the laminate dreaming away :love:

Looks like it's a hit :thumb: you could always ask at a carpet shop if they have any scraps of carpet or nonslip vinyl , the local independent ones are usually best at giving out freebies :thumb:

Looks like it's a hit :thumb: you could always ask at a carpet shop if they have any scraps of carpet or nonslip vinyl , the local independent ones are usually best at giving out freebies :thumb:

Good idea :thumb:

That's lovely! I LOVE your new one as well, can I ask where you got it from?

It's from ikea, I bought the unit and the boxes separately, so I can buy more boxes to put where I have as shelves :D also they have loads of compatible boxes! I really liked the wicker-type ones, especially the seagrass one! But some bunny loves eating seagrass so they wouldn't have lasted long :lol: they also had ones in pretty fabrics too but again Lilly would eat them! These boxes are plastic so she won't be interested in them and if she is it'll be difficult to get her teeth into them!

It comes in white and black and I think was very reasonably priced! Plus I managed to put it up all by myself, I really thought I'd have to ask OH for help :p

Awww... no one can pamper their Bun too much... the term doesn't exist :love:
Love her tv stand.. mine want one now :roll: :thumb: X

She's back in it sleeping :D she loves it! I took her a spoonful of my uncooked bunny bake off treat mix for her to try and she sat happily in her tv stand to eat it :D I love having bunny friendly furniture!

I "lost" Lilly today... she was in her TV stand :lol: I can't believe how much she likes it! She's been sleeping in it for ages now! She obviously doesn't mind the slippy floor, in fact she managed to get into it so quietly that I didn't realise she was in there despite sitting next to it, hence why I went looking for her!

Back