• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

The worries bunnies give you!

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
...As many know I watch the boys on the bunny cam from the office, this morning my mum popped in around 10:30 to see the bunnies and I saw her give them both a couple of pellets and they ate them quickly, getting all excited over pellet as they usually do.

They have just woken up after their mid day nap and both ran to the litter tray, Finn is happily munching away but Milo was just sitting there in the tray, he hadn't eaten any hay yet, he looked really sleepy, he was like that for about an hour, not touching the hay once, I don't get home until around 5:20 I got myself really worried. He looked like he couldn't be bothered, I was probably over reacting but its hard not to worry!

I was just about to text my mum and ask her to pop round and give them some fresh hay from the bag, new hay always gets them munching. As I was just about to send it he lifted his head and started to much away happily. The little monster! Way to worry me Milo!

I'm sure they do it on purpose sometimes :roll::lol:

I know its daft but people talk about the subtle signs and I've never seen either of them wake up on the afternoon and run to the litter tray and NOT eat the hay then and there, its like their routine. I'm pretty sure now I think that Milo was just extra tired and had a mini nap in the litter tray because my mum woke them up at 10:30 when she went to see them, usually they are asleep around 10:00 until around 2:30. Maybe he just wanted to get his lost hour in :lol:

Jazz scared me this morning as he was in his sleeping compartment & didn't come out! All three are always in their run jumping about begging for food. I was getting quite frantic calling his name & getting no rmovement, I have to walk through the girls enclosure to get to his side. But then he just strolled out had a little yawn & stretch & ran down to get his food!

My heart was in my mouth, little so & so!

...As many know I watch the boys on the bunny cam from the office, this morning my mum popped in around 10:30 to see the bunnies and I saw her give them both a couple of pellets and they ate them quickly, getting all excited over pellet as they usually do.

They have just woken up after their mid day nap and both ran to the litter tray, Finn is happily munching away but Milo was just sitting there in the tray, he hadn't eaten any hay yet, he looked really sleepy, he was like that for about an hour, not touching the hay once, I don't get home until around 5:20 I got myself really worried. He looked like he couldn't be bothered, I was probably over reacting but its hard not to worry!

I was just about to text my mum and ask her to pop round and give them some fresh hay from the bag, new hay always gets them munching. As I was just about to send it he lifted his head and started to much away happily. The little monster! Way to worry me Milo!

How on earth do you get any work done? :shock: I find it hard enough not to come and look on RU. If I had a bunny cam - well, I may as well be with them in the same room for all the work I could do :lol::lol:

How on earth do you get any work done? :shock: I find it hard enough not to come and look on RU. If I had a bunny cam - well, I may as well be with them in the same room for all the work I could do :lol::lol:

I tend to have it next to my pc and I just glance now and then, it gets turned off between 10 and 3 because they are asleep then. It doesn't stop me at all :D

Having my buns on cam certainly has been a great help.

There was the time I forgot to lock Mokona's cage. I turned on the webcam and found her harassing poor Prancer! He was up there in years and she was a teenaged devil with long ears. After telling my amused boss why I was in a panic, I ran home to find her sitting in her own cage, happily eating hay and giving me the "why are you home so early" look. And you'll be happy to know that Prancer survived with no more than a few extra gray hairs.

Of course, it also helped with Prancer's GI stasis issues. All I had to do was see the signs and call the vet to let her know I'd be there in about 45 minutes.

Now I mainly have it as a way to put in my daily cuteness "medicine" so I can be a more productive employee (yeah, right!). Though you never know when something happens and I'll be glad once more to have the webcam.

I tend to have it next to my pc and I just glance now and then, it gets turned off between 10 and 3 because they are asleep then. It doesn't stop me at all :D

Hehehe, I need a bunny cam but I wouldn't be able to check it at school... Ah well, I'll work around it :lol:

Back