• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best weatherproof hutches?

Bunshine

Alpha Buck
Hi, it's been a couple of years since I bought any new housing and am looking for a new outdoor hutch and run set-up that will stay warm and dry over winter.

Where's the best place to go for good-quality outdoor hutches these days? My current set-up has just started to leak so is no good, especially as my buns are getting on for 7! I'm on a budget of around £150, which isn't ideal, so am looking to make it go as far as possible :)

For £150 I'd go for a welfare hutch: http://www.welfarehutches.co.uk/6ft_Single_Hutch/p1466125_10873389.aspx

A lot of people on here have them and they look excellent quality, and always have good reviews.

I would definitely get the upgrade to premium roof felt for £5, and definitely either get the bolt upgrade or do it yourself :D You'll need to paint it with preservative but you may already have some, or if not you can get a whole tub of cuprinol (which is bunny safe) from homebase or wherever for cheaper than welfare hutches are quoting if you don't mind doing it yourself!

I've just bought a welfare hutch. I put insulation in and lined it with ply which also stops the bunnies from chewing the frame! It's now painted in 3 coats of cuprinol, fitted the lino and tarpaulins covering it ready for the winter.

Hi, it's been a couple of years since I bought any new housing and am looking for a new outdoor hutch and run set-up that will stay warm and dry over winter.

Where's the best place to go for good-quality outdoor hutches these days? My current set-up has just started to leak so is no good, especially as my buns are getting on for 7! I'm on a budget of around £150, which isn't ideal, so am looking to make it go as far as possible :)

I bought this hutch for my rabbit recently (I got the 6ftx2ftx2ft = £110)
http://www.happyhutch.co.uk/single-storey-rabbit-hutches/flat-roof-rabbit-hutches-detail
It seems waterproof! Had thunderstorms and heavy rain recently but Flo stays dry and warm in it!
The staining wasn't great and the instructions weren't very detailed but the actual hutch build is good and it is huge :lol: They do a variety of hutches on there, single and double story ones etc. I found it to be cheaper than other hutches too.

Back