• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help my bunny just started to nip at my boyfriend & sometimes me wht do i do?

is there a way to stop this because he licks for a while & then gives him &sometimes me a good little nip & ive tried putting him back inside his cage everytime but that does work ive tried the good boy when licking & then bad frankin when he nips no luck either my friend said they have a bitter spray to use when he nipsor btes i dont know i want to do the best thng i can to stop him & litter box training has been a problem ive only had him for 6weeks & hes only 4mnts old any suggestions

How big is his cage, has he got a lot of space to run around?

Telling him off won't really help. Rabbits are prey animals so you need to earn their trust so they don't see you as a predator. If they get scared they are more likely to nip more.

His hormones may be kicking in and once neutured a lot of rabbits calm down.

If it's just a gentle nip, that's just grooming behaviour usually. They don't know they're not grooming something with thick fur! If it was a proper bite you'd know as it would likely cause bruising, bleeding, and you'd have a grumpy growly bunny on your hands!

At 4 months the bun will be starting to reach sexual maturity and naughty behaviour such as peeing on things will start to happen. You can't punish a rabbit for bad behaviour though - if you do that you'll just end up with a very angry rabbit!

Back