• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

mabel

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
since losing sox, I have kept watch on her eyes as seemed runny but thought could be due to not having sox grooming her, as he used to do, and she has always had sleep in her eye every morning, and few years back when had tear ducts flushed, they said it wasn't a problem was just mabel

so last night or early this am at about 4am I heard this horrid noise, mabel has been known to have sneezing in past and that's just mabel, but this seemed different, and I feared she was maybe choking on hay, so did what was taught on here, after 3 attempts she stopped, so I just hugged her and cried , no way am I losing another rabbit :cry:

her teeth are fine she had dental and works done other week, I checked in her mouth, all looked fine teeth etc, took her temp this morn was 38.8c its now 37.5c, she is eating fine, and drinking fine, listened to her chest with my stethoscope, couldn't hear much as mine not as good as professionals, her gut sounds great, he breathing theres alittle puff puff sound, but not crackly, but taking her for check up at vets in hour or so, so need vibes, maybe losing sox has affected her badly to make her more run down I hope its not going to turn out to be something sinister

:love:... Come on wee Mabel... Get well soon.... Squillions of squishy vibes for her.. Hugs for you too Lisa...

Fee xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thank you, don't know how I will cope only have walk through door and be in tears from when sox was last in, like I was other day :cry:

:love::cry:oohhhh Lisa.. I know its awful.... I really really sympathise when things are so raw,,,

Huge hugs
Fee xx

vibes for mabel x

the vets will understand. i couldn't stop crying when i went in after losing matt and everyone was really nice to me. x

bet the nurses and this guy vet who not seen before thought I was a right strange person crying, sox is just to raw, one of the nurses there knew I lost sox, so hopefully she will explain to the other nurse as to why I was in tears for what appeared no reason but maybe she will know as I did pay what I owed from sox cremation today, the guy vet not seen him before but seemed knowledgable and was on about rabbits diets and I said I know she is on mainly hay based I don't like pellets and he agreed, also told him she doesn't have carrots either because of high sugar , he checked her other said lungs sounded ok, teeth ok etc, he said I had done everything right and that maybe she got little infection in chest so got baytril for a week to take, I feel like a right fool for crying but all could think of was sox :cry::cry:

I would have been crying too, there's no shame in crying at the vets, especially after losing gorgeous Sox. I've gone into the reception crying in front of everyone when I had to rush Doughnut in to them.

I hope Mabel is OK. xx

bet the nurses and this guy vet who not seen before thought I was a right strange person crying, sox is just to raw, one of the nurses there knew I lost sox, so hopefully she will explain to the other nurse as to why I was in tears for what appeared no reason but maybe she will know as I did pay what I owed from sox cremation today, the guy vet not seen him before but seemed knowledgable and was on about rabbits diets and I said I know she is on mainly hay based I don't like pellets and he agreed, also told him she doesn't have carrots either because of high sugar , he checked her other said lungs sounded ok, teeth ok etc, he said I had done everything right and that maybe she got little infection in chest so got baytril for a week to take, I feel like a right fool for crying but all could think of was sox :cry::cry:

And what is wrong with a few tears when you loved your bunny so much? Any vet would have been heartless if he hadn't realised it's because you care so much :love:

Nothing wrong at all about crying.. I was in bits, couldnt speak with tears rolling down my face on Tuesday leaving the vets, without Smudge:cry:.. The staff were fab, a lady in the surgery waiting with her cat came right up and gave me a hug,,,

People understand, dont be hard on yourself.. You loved your boy, people at the vets care for their pets, they understand...

We understand... ((((Hugs)))))

Fee xxx

Back