• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Building trust with my new bunny?

Tenshi

New Kit
Hey guys! So, i just got my new bunny last sunday and i was wondering if there is any tips you guys have with building trust with my bunny? Hes the first bunny ive ever had so im kinda a newbie at this :D.I have a problem with picking him up as he panics and scratches me so im hoping if i build trust with him he will stop.He will come up to be and sniff me and he will once in a while lick me and nip me ( ive been told nipping is a sign of playing is that true?) but he isn't too willing on being stroked he would rather binky around the room haha :love:So yea is there any tips on building trust?

Hello, try to do things at his level (ground level.) Let him come to do you at first and when he does, give him a very small healthy treat. (If he's old enough for fresh veg and herbs, a sprig of parsley, coriander, mint or basil leaf for instance.) Rabbits are prey animals who have 358 degrees vision about, - there is a blind spot directly straight ahead - and they don't generally like to be picked up or like loud noises. Most of all be patient. They do better with positive enforcement than being told off. And when he asks, by coming up to you and putting his head down or nudging you, spend lots of time giving him loving attention and gentle head rubs. He'll let you know when he's had enough. :)

Back