• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beatrice's myxo nodule

Santa

Wise Old Thumper
Poor Beatrice has been struck by nodular myxomatosis :( Fortunately her immune system is obviously strong and there is only one nodule, presumably at the site where she was bitten and the virus was injected. I first noticed the lump about 5.20pm the other Saturday...my vet closes at 6 and I'm half an hour away so I rang up and fortunately the VN said she'd ask the vet, and my vet was immediately on the phone saying 'just bring her down NOW'. She's on antibiotics and anti-inflammatories (metacam) and seems to be coping very well. It's a week and a half later now and there is no sign of any other nodule so hopefully it has been contained just within the one. She is due for her booster right now - it was actually booked before I saw her come down with this - so it does show that the immune response to the new vaccine really does last the whole year.

Anyway, here's a few photos of how it is progressing (in time order, over the past week and a half)

IMG_4539_zpsda28cf1d.jpg

IMG_4562_zpsf6cd2888.jpg

IMG_4568_zpse27cfd42.jpg

IMG_4573_zps06ef9ae7.jpg

IMG_4576_zps33ea1976.jpg

IMG_4593_zpsad74355e.jpg

And finally, a 'medicating an uncooperative rabbit' selfie :lol: :
IMG_4549_zps353f26d7.jpg

The nodule is just starting to raise up and separate now and is turning necrotic, so hopefully it won't be too long before it rises up and falls off!

I'm relieved she seems to be getting over it :thumb: the photos are very interesting to look at. Looks like you got meds on your trousers!

Oh bless her, hope she's all clear soon. Well done you for spotting it, and sounds like you have a good vet there !

Looks like you got meds on your trousers!

Yes I think there was more on me than there was in her at one point :lol:

I have a fantastic vet :D I've seen her for the past few years but she's only recently opened her own practice. The nurse I spoke to was one who doesn't really know me yet, so she was thinking that I should go to the emergency clinic but said she'd check with the vet whether she thought it could wait until the next day, and then within about 20 seconds my vet was on the phone just telling me to get there. I think she knows me well enough to know that if I think I need to go in imminently, then I'm probably right. It's just been fantastic having her open up her own practice :D

She looks like she's coping very well with it. I remember when Josie's nose nodule fell off, I had no idea where it went! Ewwww :mrgreen: Sending lots of vibes for Beatrice xx

Gosh, I wouldn't even think that was myxi. :shock: Very useful to see pics of it. :thumb:

I hope she continues to recover well and shows no other symptoms. Well done for spotting it so quickly, probably why she is coping so well. :thumb:

Thank you for sharing pics, I've never really seen close up pictures of just one nodule, only seen pictures of extreme myxi.

Your vet sounds brilliant!

Glad Beatrice is strong enough to fight it and is on the mend rather quickly :thumb:

I hope Beatrice stays strong. She is beautiful :love:.

Great photos too. I would love to see more as it progresses, if possible.

It fell off today :D

Still no sign of any new ones, and it finally fell off some time today. I let them out in the run when I got home from work and she's been binkying about like a complete loon, so I think it must feel so much nicer not to have a big hard lump on your lip :D Thanks to the vaccination, this little lady is still alive and well - it could have been so very different if she hadn't had her vaccines up to date.

IMG_4718_zpsa089c37a.jpg

I'm glad it's fallen off. Vibes for a full recovery soon.

Just shows how important the injection is.

Awww, great update :D. so glad she is feeling a lot better.

Thank you for putting another photo up. They have been really interesting, especially with such a cute model :love:

OH yay! I'm so glad she's feeling better. Hopefully no more nasties :thumb: Best wishes from me and mine! x

Back