• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Obsessed with chewing the bars of his pen!!!

GabyEmilyB

Warren Scout
George has the run of my really good sized bedroom with rugs and lots of things to keep him occupied. The only place he's not allowed is under my bed which I have blocked using puppy panels and no matter what I do, he persistently chews and rattles them!i don't know what else I can do or provide for him! Any ideas fellow bunny slaves?

Urm not sure about his teeth in all honesty. Chewing the bars is just about the only thing none of mine do :lol:

This is what I get for having a bunny who hasn't had a single pee accident outside his litter box (touch wood)haha

I've just put a stair gate on my bedroom door and my dads done a DIY job on it by adding mesh so he can't put his head through it haha!i can guarantee he'd try to rattle that too!

Mine was doing the same like crazy until I got one of those roll out rush beach mats and clipped it to the outside of the pen bars. Now she just jumps over it instead when she's determined to get up to trouble. :lol:

Could you get some coroplast or perspex to put along the bunny side of the bars to stop him getting his teeth to it?

I recommend willow or water hyacinth toys for rabbits who like to chew.

Hope this helps.

Could you get some coroplast or perspex to put along the bunny side of the bars to stop him getting his teeth to it?

I recommend willow or water hyacinth toys for rabbits who like to chew.

Hope this helps.

He has willow and grass toys galore. I think I've worked it out....I'm penned into my bed and he only does it when I'm in bed. Could it be because he wants to be where I am? I let him on my bed in the mornings and he has a run around and a cuddle. I'm going to get some nic storage cubes instead of puppy panels I think because the panels are ridiculously high.

Thanks for the advice :)

Back