• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Run Repairs Help Please

Amy104

Warren Veteran
So I'm all prepped to replace some rusty hinges on my runs. However the screw heads are too small for the holes in the hinges.

I have size 3/8 x 4 which means nothing to me - what do I need to get? Is the second number the head size?

I can't find 3/8 x 6 etc, next size seems to be 1/2 x 10 which I'm guessing may be too long.

:cry::cry::cry:

It all means nothing to me either :oops: could you get one of those boxes that has different sized screws in it? Or take the hinges to b&q etc and ask them to help?

I did and it has 10 in that are perfect but I've no idea what they are.

Trying to be self sufficient but maybe I should just give in and phone my builder - aka Dad. :lol:

I did and it has 10 in that are perfect but I've no idea what they are.

Trying to be self sufficient but maybe I should just give in and phone my builder - aka Dad. :lol:

Can you just take one of the 'perfect' size screws into a DIY shop and ask them what size they are? I normally find they are helpful

Yep, easiest thing it to take one that's right to the shop and compare or ask the assistants :)

Back