• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello from Milton Keynes

Hi, I am new to this forum but not new to having rabbits :) We had a beautiful dwarf lop called Jerry that sadly died in february aged 6. We got 2 new rabbits 2 weeks later from the adoption area in the local Pets at Home. Another dwarf lop and a small tan rabbit. We were told they were both girls but 10 days after we brought them home the lop had 2 babies!
We decided to keep them so now we have 4 bunnies! The tan rabbit was a boy but we had him neutered the day after the babies were born. The mum has been spayed now and the 2 babies are both girls so hopefully no more bunnies!

They are all very friendly and have the run of the garden all day and are put in their hutch at night time.

Hi, I am new to this forum but not new to having rabbits :) We had a beautiful dwarf lop called Jerry that sadly died in february aged 6. We got 2 new rabbits 2 weeks later from the adoption area in the local Pets at Home. Another dwarf lop and a small tan rabbit. We were told they were both girls but 10 days after we brought them home the lop had 2 babies!
We decided to keep them so now we have 4 bunnies! The tan rabbit was a boy but we had him neutered the day after the babies were born. The mum has been spayed now and the 2 babies are both girls so hopefully no more bunnies!

They are all very friendly and have the run of the garden all day and are put in their hutch at night time.

Welcome to the forum! Its always nice when people can rescue a bunny. :wave:

Just a little tip, I would get the the baby girl rabbits spayed asap if you are going to keep them together, females will almost always fight as they mature if they are not spayed as soon as they can be.

Hope you have lots of fun with your bunnies, you can always ask anyone here for advice if you need it.

welcome to the forum :wave: are you going to bond all the bunnies, its best to get them all done, especially the girls to help prevent uterine cancer :wave:

Hi everyone and thank you for all the advice :)

I will get the baby bunnies neutered but it seems such a horrible operation doesn't it? When Cookie (the mum) was done it took her a good week to get over it and I'm don't really want to put the others through that, although I will do if it prevents other problems.

I am trying to find some nice pictures of them all to put on here, their names are Coco, Cookie, Cupcake and Coffee.

Hi, and welcome to the forum :wave: I would also advise spaying, will stop hormonal fighting and also eliminate uterine cancer which 80% of unspayed females get :cry:

Hi everyone and thank you for all the advice :)

I will get the baby bunnies neutered but it seems such a horrible operation doesn't it? When Cookie (the mum) was done it took her a good week to get over it and I'm don't really want to put the others through that, although I will do if it prevents other problems.

I am trying to find some nice pictures of them all to put on here, their names are Coco, Cookie, Cupcake and Coffee.

It's a big operation but if you have a good bunny-savvy vet, it shouldn't be traumatic for the bunnies. Which vet do you use as we can probably recommend some good ones nearby. I travel to an excellent bunny vet in Northampton (The Cat and Rabbit Care Clinic) but I understand Lisa Gillet at MK Veterinary Group is very good.

Back