• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two 8 foot hutches and runs on their way via The Hutch Man

BlueBellBelle

Young Bun
Hi all,

I need to reintroduce myself after a few years of little activity but as all your photos of housing have given me so much inspiration over the last 3 years I thought I should share some of mine with you.

Today my two new 8x2x2 hutches with 8x6x3 run beneath are being delivered by The Hutch Man. To say I am excited would be an understatement!:D

I will post photos when they arrive (around lunchtime I believe) and hopefully introduce myself and my 12 bunnies properly in the coming days.

Was going to insert a cute bunny photo here but I'm struggling to add photos on my iPad! :(

Oh my, look at those lovely bunnies in your signature!

I am looking forward to seeing your hutches. Always good to have another place to direct adopters to for good housing.

With so many good makers now taking orders for bespoke housing, there is more choice than ever, but the it seems the problem is that with more people buying from them, the waiting time gets pretty long - not great for adoption purpsose!

So please put up lots of piccis when they're up.

I can completely understand why you are so excited.

Oh my, look at those lovely bunnies in your signature!

I am looking forward to seeing your hutches. Always good to have another place to direct adopters to for good housing.

With so many good makers now taking orders for bespoke housing, there is more choice than ever, but the it seems the problem is that with more people buying from them, the waiting time gets pretty long - not great for adoption purpsose!

So please put up lots of piccis when they're up.

I can completely understand why you are so excited.

Hi
I try to keep my waiting times to a min of about 2 weeks if that helps?

Here they are!!

imagejpg1-2.jpg

The hutches were already constructed (they are so sturdy and heavy!) so once here The Hutch Man assembled the runs, connected the hutches securely on top of the runs, added the sides to the ramps and voila! One very happy bunny mummy and some soon-to-be-delighted bunnies!

Each hutch will be home to one bonded pair of Mini Lops, giving them 64sq feet. To the far right of the photo below you can just see the side of my bunny kennel (will add photos another time). The left hutch has the run lid folded back to show how I will access the hutches for cleaning. The bonus of the runs being 3ft tall is that I don't have to bend to clean out the hutches! Yippee! :thumb:

imagejpg4-1.jpg

Each run has a door to the side for easy access and to prevent escapees as when I am on holiday my poor mother will not want to be chasing bunnies around the garden :lol:

imagejpg2-1.jpg

Before I move the bunnies in (this weekend hopefully) I need to paint the hutches with Cuprinol Garden Shades (I requested that they arrive plain and so I will paint them to match my kennel and shed) and put some Lino down on the floor of the hutches, so in the meantime they have been modelled by my curious cat Bambi! (With 3 dog and 12 bunnies he thinks he's half rabbit, half dog!)

imagejpg12.jpg

Where does that hole lead to? (Down to the ramp)

imagejpg2.jpg

What do you mean this house isn't for me? (He's in the enclosed bit of the hutch)

imagejpg7.jpg

It's too cosy in here. I'm not coming out unless you promise me some chin rubs!

imagejpg8.jpg

Where are those chin rubs, eh?

imagejpg9.jpg

I am off to buy Lino so will add more details soon! Better than Christmas :lol:

Last edited:
Wow they are lovely but there's no way I could get in there for cleaning! Obviously they are not meant for people with dodgy knees, LOL.
What a wonderful space for your lucky buns.

I just want to say a big thank you to such a lovely customer and her family.
It was a pleasure arranging this all for you and I'm glad your happy with your order.
Regards
The Hutch Man

Wow, just wow!

Thank you for sharing the photos. Another great recommendation to offer to my adopters.

Please may I share your photos?

I just want to say a big thank you to such a lovely customer and her family.
It was a pleasure arranging this all for you and I'm glad your happy with your order.
Regards
The Hutch Man

Aww thank you! And thank you for building them so beautifully to my requirements. I will definitely be recommending you to anyone looking for a fabulous hutch/run :thumb:

they look fantastic :thumb:

your cat is gorgeous!! :love::love::love:

Thank you! He's a character! When he was a kitten he was a little monster at times (I have the scars to prove it) but has now matured into a lovely friendly fellow. He is convinced he is a dog: when you call him he comes racing down the garden, he plays with the dogs and when the dogs are lined up for their Dentastix he sits patiently next to them :lol:

Wow they are lovely but there's no way I could get in there for cleaning! Obviously they are not meant for people with dodgy knees, LOL.
What a wonderful space for your lucky buns.

Thank you! :D
I asked for a 3 foot run and forgot to mention a side door, then luckily we both realised 3 feet was a wee bit high for anyone but Spider-Man to climb over :lol:

Back