• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

White vinegar

WelshGirl

Young Bun
Hi all,

Can you help again please? :)

My two buns I moved to live in the garage love it, two chicken coops and a large fenced area in between for binkies! :) however these two buns are my stinkiest - my husband put a new carpet down in there for them and they love it, but they also love peeing and pooping right NEXT TO their litter tray and it has stained the carpet and stinks!!! I've used white vinegar to clean their cat litter trays they use to get rid of the urine deposits, but can I mix it with something to neutralise the smell or clean it somehow? I know I just can't stop them doing it as I've tried various litter and hay types, different hay etc...  That's part of the reason they can't live indoors like my other two - poop and pee disasters!!!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)

Xx

just out of interest, when you make up a water and white vinegar mix, what percentages do you use?

Are you trying to hide the vinegar smell or are you looking to get the urine smell out if the carpet?

Are you trying to hide the vinegar smell or are you looking to get the urine smell out if the carpet?

Get the smell out of the carpet.. I'd love to get the stain out of the carpet but I just can't get then to stop! They just move to another area if I put a litter tray over it 😄 x

Can't you use lino instead, because they will wee where it will smell the most, so carpet is a very good place. Anything that the urine soaks into will be fine for them, not for us though! Paper would be better then you can throw it away.

How about trying Simple Solution instead? I got mine from Amazon. I have to admit I haven't tried it personally yet but I have been recommended it to use instead of white vinegar for descenting my rugs before Molly's new husbun joins us.

You could try a bioenzyme cleaner designed for cats. As long as it dries out and your buns don't chew the carpet I imagine it should be ok.

Back