• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gatsby and Daisy

Katex

Warren Scout
Our lovely baby bunnies (French Lops) having a moment on my knee. They've been sitting like this for about 20 minutes, much quiet teeth chattering going on!

They're so sweet!

uquhuny6.jpg
su9atu8u.jpg
y6u3ahy4.jpg

Is Daisy the black bunny?

I suspect so and I do feel another Vet check is needed. I am sorry to put a downer on this thread, but Daisy really does not look well

I would ask the Vet to do a fecal test for coccidiosis. I'd try to get it sorted out tomorrow.

Thanks everyone - they are very sweet and have been lots of fun tonight.

JJ - she has livened up considerably tonight, I've posted an update. She looks like a different bunny now. I don't know if this IS possible but she sat in the litter tray and did what I can only describe as a ****. She then livened up a bit and eventually groomed my hand thoroughly! She's done quite a bit of hopping and was sleepy when I took the pics - they'd sat on my knee ans settled straightaway.

She's had more to eat tonight than I've seen her eat yet. I'm still keeping an eye on her but she certainly seemed better.

Thanks everyone - they are very sweet and have been lots of fun tonight.

JJ - she has livened up considerably tonight, I've posted an update. She looks like a different bunny now. I don't know if this IS possible but she sat in the litter tray and did what I can only describe as a ****. She then livened up a bit and eventually groomed my hand thoroughly! She's done quite a bit of hopping and was sleepy when I took the pics - they'd sat on my knee ans settled straightaway.

She's had more to eat tonight than I've seen her eat yet. I'm still keeping an eye on her but she certainly seemed better.

My concern is that she could have a potentially serious gut problem (Coccidiosis) which, if she were my Rabbit, I would definitely want a Vet to investigate. Every symptom you have described, plus her pot belly and 'starey' coat all point strongly to a Baby Rabbit with a Coccidia overload.

I hope that I am 100% wrong, but I cant not post this as I have had first hand experience of Coccidiosis in Baby Rabbits and it did not end well :cry:

I hope in a few weeks everyone can tell me that I am an idiot and that I could not have been more wrong about Daisy. They are both lovely Bunnies :love:

I would advise you to take Jack's Jane advice, she really is an expert on rabbits and has saved many RU members rabbits lives with it :thumb: I would take them both to the vets asap today, and tell them you want them testing for coccidiosis. Sending mega vibes. They are both gorgeous :love:

I would advise you to take Jack's Jane advice, she really is an expert on rabbits and has saved many RU members rabbits lives with it :thumb: I would take them both to the vets asap today, and tell them you want them testing for coccidiosis. Sending mega vibes. They are both gorgeous :love:

I would take Jane's advice too - I lost a bunny to this 12 years ago, the only time I have experienced it - they hide illness really well and go downhill very fast :(. I wouldn't take the chance to be honest.

Beautiful bunnies :love:

Daisy looks very ill to me. You can see it in her eyes. I am sorry but as JJ recommended please have her checked again. You might be able to save her.

Back