• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Phantom Pregnancy

jojo85

New Kit
Evening,

I am hoping someone might be able to give me some advice I have 2 dwarf girls - they were checked by breeder and by vet when they had their jabs so we are pretty confident they are both girls, the more dominent one has been humping the smaller one for a few weeks when it all seemed to go quite.

I went out this evening to feed them and the smaller of the 2 has started nesting and as I went to strokeher she grawled and went for me which she has never done before.

They are sisters and from the same litter and have never been seperated -- Do I need to seperate them? They do not seem to be fighting and the one not nesting is just staying out of her way but I am worried when they are locked in their cage there might be issues?

How long do these phantom pregnancys normally last they are booked in, in 3 weeks to be spayed.

Any advice would be fantastic

Thank you

Jo

Hi & welcome to the forum :wave:

You would probably get more responses if you posted this in the health section. It's been a very long time since I had girlie buns so unfortunately I can't help.

As long as they aren't fightinhg I would leave them for now but check every morning and night and inbetween for any babies (you never know) and if you see babies you must remove the other bunny immediately. You could check the dominant one to see if there are signs of it being a male.

Back