• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New built-in hutches!

After ordering a load of new hutches and being let down [have had to file a fraud report now!], it turns out that my new neighbour is the most useful man alive! He's converted one of the old pig sty things and made built-in hutches and runs. Two hutches are about 2ft by just over 7ft and we're just finishing another two inside that are about 2ft by just over 7 & 1/2 ft. I haven't measured the runs but the a little bigger than the length of the hutches by about the same, I think. It's so exciting to finally get things started and I can see these from the kitchen window! As I said they're not finished yet - we're still waiting for some metal bolts and some more hinges for the other two hutches. The doors on these two are made from old tongue and groove floorboards - most of it is made from 'recycled' stuff to keep costs down :) Needless to say my friendly neighbour is my new best friend!

2014-05-05155558_zpsc24adb06.jpg

2014-05-05155605_zpsaabf42b4.jpg

How wonderful to have such a helpful and knowledgable neighbour.

Hope the fraud case is a success.

They look great, sorry about the fraud business :( I remember your thread about it, it was a lot of money! Not saying it wouldn't be awful for it to happen to anyone, but you take in a lot of bunnies don't you? The money needs to be back with you for those bunsters, hope it gets sorted quickly. Some people are wrong'uns :evil:

Last edited:
Wow, they're great - and how nice to have such a helpful neighbour, especially when you've been so badly let down before :)

Back