• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Making babies or friends

Hi everyone. I have managed to bond 2 young lop siblings binx and wispa (about 6weeks) and a dutch chloe (abt 1 1/2yr).
They have only been bonded and left with each other for 2 days now and ive noticed chloe and wispa circling and humping each other ... a lot. Is this normal in the early days or could wispa be a boy? Ive tried checking myself and im sure each rabbits 'bits' look the same. Only chloe and binx aren't displaying the same behaviour towards each other yes chloe has tried to mount binx but not the other way and binx and wispa have never done it to each other either. Any ideas? X

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

if your unsure of sex i'd get a vet to double check for you, its hormonal behaviour, its also best to get you rabbits spayed/neutered once old enough to prevent unwanted litters and uterine cancer in does

Yes it's normal for bonding but you really need all buns to be neutered for at least six weeks before trying to bond or hormones could well cause problems especially at this particularly frisky time of year

If I were you I would separate neuter and then start from scratch once everything is sorted

The buns only came to me 4 weeks ago. First chloe and then the babies. I was looking into neutering but at approx £100 per bunny I really cant afford it at the moment tho I am putting a little aside each week to get it done :) I will rong the vet in morning to see if they will sex the babies so I will know for sure. Fingers crossed it is just spring fever. This is maybe a daft question but if the pair do turn out to be male and a female could they have possibly mated with each other or dont siblings do that. Just want to be prepared in case we have 2 litters

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

In that case definitely get them sexed and separated if need be. If you have a boy and girl and they have been together its highly likely the girl is pregnant so I would get her booked in for a spay in the next couple of weeks

Back