• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some over due pictures of my buns

Badger4920

Warren Scout
Hi, I never seem to get around to putting up pictures of my gorgeous buns, so here is a few more recent ones:

The English Lop is Rufus, and the other one is Willow, a lion head cross continental. Both neutered and both now bonded, thanks to advice and all the info on here. Love them to pieces.

And should have said, the first one is Snowy. I have had her a whole 7 days now. Basically an ex work colleague from about 10 years ago saw my piccys on Facebook and asked if I would have her rabbit. Pore thing has been grossly over fed on pellets and is very fat. She was also in a TINY cage, so so sad, so I said yes I'd have her. I have got her a temporary run, and got a 6ft hutch coming Tuesday. The vet said she is fine apart from being over weight. Am taking her back in a month.

Long term plan is to neuter her and find a rescue hubby for her. She is not tame, growls and digs at me, but I think I am gaining her trust slowly! Any advice greatly appreciated :)

And should have said, the first one is Snowy. I have had her a whole 7 days now. Basically an ex work colleague from about 10 years ago saw my piccys on Facebook and asked if I would have her rabbit. Pore thing has been grossly over fed on pellets and is very fat. She was also in a TINY cage, so so sad, so I said yes I'd have her. I have got her a temporary run, and got a 6ft hutch coming Tuesday. The vet said she is fine apart from being over weight. Am taking her back in a month.

Long term plan is to neuter her and find a rescue hubby for her. She is not tame, growls and digs at me, but I think I am gaining her trust slowly! Any advice greatly appreciated :)

Spaying her will most likely help with her aggression, as well as gaining her trust.

Your buns are absolutely gorgeous. :love: Well done for rescuing Snowy from her previous "owner". Your English lop is absolutely fantastic! Does he require much ear maintenance? :lol:

Spaying her will most likely help with her aggression, as well as gaining her trust.

Your buns are absolutely gorgeous. :love: Well done for rescuing Snowy from her previous "owner". Your English lop is absolutely fantastic! Does he require much ear maintenance? :lol:

Thank you so much :). Ear maintenance well when he was a baby I was terrified, as he would 'dig' and catch his ears, and walk on them. Now he has grown into them :D I check them regularly, ensure his claws are kept short, and touch wood all is fine. I have a vet plan for him and Willow, and Rufus is also insured, so hopefully covered all angles. He has an amazing cheeky personality :love:

Long term plan is to neuter her and find a rescue hubby for her. She is not tame, growls and digs at me, but I think I am gaining her trust slowly! Any advice greatly appreciated

As tempting as it is don't cut back her food too much too quickly - it can cause issues such as fatty liver.

Hopefully spaying and patience will help with the aggression.

When I got gypsy she was very overweight, it took a long time to get it down enough for spaying. But in time she changed from a overweight cage territoral madam into the sweetest thing. My blind bunny took to her straight away - she was so calm, exactly what he needed.

Thank you. I am giving her about 2 teaspoons of pellets, lots and lots of hay, odd pieces of carrot and grSs. Vet said to cut out pellets completely but she loves them is much I didn't have the heart to cut them out completely. At least she's gone from a full dog bowl full from her old home to the above. Can't wait for her new set up to arrive Tuesday :) she won't know herself.

Awwwww. Your orange fluffy one reminds of Peaches, she is a lionhead x.

I love rabbits with a bit of fluffiness to them. Mind you I love smooth ones too!!!

Awwwww. Your orange fluffy one reminds of Peaches, she is a lionhead x.

I love rabbits with a bit of fluffiness to them. Mind you I love smooth ones too!!!

Thank you, I like smooth ones too, and would like a conti one day, oh and perhaps a mini lop... I don't care how big my next house is, so long as it's got a HUGE garden :D

Back