• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D- dwarf rabbit in hutch?

aaammmyyy

Mama Doe
hey:wave:

so i've been searching around for a new hutch for binky and i've just come across this one.

http://www.homeandroost.co.uk/product/8ft-bedgebury-rabbit-hutch-run/

now, i've never really been good at maths-even when i was at school, and this hutch says it has 8ft living space, im confused to as weather this is just the hutch or what
they've got a sale on atm and i really want to get binky a new hutch before summer but im just confused with the math of this!

can anyone help me out, im also thinking this comes with the run?
i hate online shopping but its where all the bargains are:lol:

and sorry for sounding stupid but i dont want to order it and it be too small, obviously the living space has to be rspca standards and this has a run attached but i need to know the size of each, thankyou :thumb:

(i've got my eyes on some other hutches but theyre really expensive compared to this so im hoping this is my hutch:oops::lol:)

UPDATE

that cage is too small and looking through their website and i came across this cage

http://www.homeandroost.co.uk/product/4ft-chartwell-double-luxury-rabbit-hutch/

now i know that its 4ft, but i've worked this one out with my dad :lol: and its 4ft per tier and that makes 8ft in total living space, and im also going to order their 4ft x 4ft x 2ft run with it that attaches to it.

now the problem with this hutch is that each tier is 65cm by my calculations and the rspca standard is 75cm, i was wondering if the 10cm loss will be okay purely because she is a netherland dwarf crossed with a mini lop, she is fully grown and shes still quite small so i think she would be able to stand up, i just want opinions on it really because im no expert at hutch buying or maths
bella lives in a shed and ive only ever bought one hutch before

so basically i want to buy a hutch and use it, im just no good at it:oops::lol:

i know the rspca standards etc but i just want some opinions here to as weather this hutch is fit for my binky , i dont wanna make mistakes

Last edited:
i kind of think it could be 4ft each but im not too sure
i want someone to confirm that it is 4ft each or whatever so that i dont pass up this bargain if its not :lol:

The first one is only 4ft of hutch with 4ft of run so not big enough. The 2nd one is 2 tiers of 4ft which is bigger, but still not big enough even with a 4 x 4ft run attached. They need a 6ft hutch so that they can take 3 hops in a row - they won't be able to in a 4ft hutch, even if it's double tiered. They also won't be able to take 3 hops in their run so it's definitely not big enough.

The hutch which zoobec linked looks fantastic, I often recommend it too. The hutch is 6 x 2 x 2 which allows loads of room for hopping, stretching and lying down. The 6 x 4 x 2 run allows more room to exercise too. I'd definitely go for that one - it's better materials and the most well made, and the roomiest.

Home and roost do do their own version, but the wood looks flimsier: http://www.homeandroost.co.uk/produ...ra-large-hutch-and-run-combination-6ft-hutch/. I'd definitely go with the eBay link :thumb:

The first one is only 4ft of hutch with 4ft of run so not big enough. The 2nd one is 2 tiers of 4ft which is bigger, but still not big enough even with a 4 x 4ft run attached. They need a 6ft hutch so that they can take 3 hops in a row - they won't be able to in a 4ft hutch, even if it's double tiered. They also won't be able to take 3 hops in their run so it's definitely not big enough.

The hutch which zoobec linked looks fantastic, I often recommend it too. The hutch is 6 x 2 x 2 which allows loads of room for hopping, stretching and lying down. The 6 x 4 x 2 run allows more room to exercise too. I'd definitely go for that one - it's better materials and the most well made, and the roomiest.

Home and roost do do their own version, but the wood looks flimsier: http://www.homeandroost.co.uk/produ...ra-large-hutch-and-run-combination-6ft-hutch/. I'd definitely go with the eBay link :thumb:

okay thanks :D
i did wonder about the hops etc but i guess ill keep looking, though i do really like the ebay link one, ive been looking at it for a while now!:thumb:

Back