• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Neo's Home!!!

Freakinfreak

Alpha Buck
Home and grumpy...

He has been home for all of 2 hours and hasn't drank anything. I put it down to the stuff they told me to put into his water, something called Bio-Lapis and I'm pretty sure it smells funny lol.

He's eaten a few carrotys, 3 pellets and a tiny bit of hay.

He also weighs in at 1.88kg, not entirely sure whether or not this is 'normal' as he is a cross, so kind if unknown really!

The heating is on and although I feel cool, I hope it's warm - I'm always cold!

Any suggestions for anything to make him more comfortable or snap back better?

Thanks guys!

I would let him have some peace an quiet. Just make sure he continues to eat and that he has passed some poo within the next few hours. If he was given fluid therapy at the Vets he may not drink much at the moment as he wont feel thirsty.

I would let him have some peace an quiet. Just make sure he continues to eat and that he has passed some poo within the next few hours. If he was given fluid therapy at the Vets he may not drink much at the moment as he wont feel thirsty.

Thanks, I've got the Tele on volume 1 and haven't bothered him, as he is in the room we use there's not a lot else I can do for quiet!

He's currently sleeping in his litter tray, do you think I should empty it out so that nothing sticks to him?

Ah, that might be why then, thanks :)

Thanks for your good wishes!

He has been eating and pooping and drinking small amounts.

He still isn't quite himself but I'm going to keep an eye this weekend to see if he continues with odd behaviour or not.

He's been happy to chomp down parsley and basil leaves but isn't too fussed with his pellets or hay.

Might need to coax him into eating some cucumber and apple as I know they are quite tasty to him and should encourage a little more.

Glad he is eating and pooing. Snowflake took a couple of days to recover from his neuter and was very dopy for the first day and a half.

I always like seeing 'Neo' posts cos I think he's so cuuuuute x

Glad he is eating and pooing. Snowflake took a couple of days to recover from his neuter and was very dopy for the first day and a half.

I always like seeing 'Neo' posts cos I think he's so cuuuuute x

Aww thanks for the reassurance :)
Just sat in with him for a bit to give him some strokes and to cut his silly little skirt off that looked like he'd peed on it lol! Demolished a willow stick in the process, got annoyed I was holding it so threw one of his balls at me and nibbled my toe, haha!

Trying to look at his surgery spot, I have no idea what I'm looking for or at.
I was told that if I notice swelling or redness then I should get him back in.

How do I know?! I didn't make a habit of staring at his bits beforehand (not that he would let me) so trying to do it now seems a bit pointless, not to mention impossible.

He's moving around fine, eating and drinking and pooing ok and is currently flopped out so I don't feel too concerned, however it would be nice to have some input!

Aww thanks, just told him that he's a sexy bunny and he will have a new girlfriend in no time and all he did was blink, haha.

He sometimes seems to vibrate whilst laying still, I'm not sure if it's from breathing or tooth purring or what! I get so paranoid.

Back