• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Member :)

Caledonia

New Kit
Hi all,

I just joined the forums today after browsing for the past few days.

I'm probably unusual (although, you can prove me wrong!) in the sense that I'm a young 20-something adult male with a keen interest in Animal Welfare, particularly in the welfare of Rabbits.

While growing up my mum used to take me to a local farm shop that had Rabbits for the kids to pet and feed carrots, which I absolutely loved!
That has kinda stuck with me, and since then I've had two Rabbits of my own, but cared for three.

Unfortunately we lost my sister's pet Rabbit yesterday due to a nasty case of GI Statis. Charlie was in the veterinary surgery 4 days in a row, and at one point was receiving 5 different drugs. He wouldn't eat on his own, hadn't pooped for 4 days, and was in pain. We put him to sleep because it seemed like the humane thing to do and the vet said his chances of survival were very slim. I drove the 40 mile round-trip back home during this time to try syringe feed him, but to no avail. We are all devastated as he was part of the family.

I have my own wee Rabbit called Skye, she's around 14 weeks old and is great. She has practically house-trained herself, and absolutely loves a cuddle while watching the TV.

I hope to get to know many of you, and would be interested to hear if there are any other male Rabbit owners here!

:wave: hi, welcome to the forum :thumb: I'm not male, but there are quite a few on the forum :thumb:

Sorry to hear about the loss of Charlie :cry:

Middle aged female here:lol:

Welcome to RU :wave:
We do need pics of your wee bun.

Back