• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding two girls - U/D how does this sound?

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
I just want reassurance that it can work :oops: is it just a slightly less chance than a boy/girl pairing of going well, or like a lot less of a chance do you think?

I know there is probs loads of threads already, but I can't search at the moment and have limited internet access

Last edited:
Bumping up for you, I don't personally know :oops: I have 2 girls who were a pair, now half of my quad. they are sisters and were already bonded when I got them, they get on really well.

I have a trio of girls and two groups with more than one girl in so yes I think it can work perfectly well :D

I'm confused!

Ok introduced Scarlett and bunny this afternoon at about 4pm, I've had lots of cuddling and mutual grooming, they have been sleeping together for the past few hours and everytime Scar gets up bunny follows and doesn't leave her side, then they get back into the tray together and cuddle up again. I thought that they would establish dominance before the grooming and stuff :? There has been no chasing or fur pulling or any if the behaviour I expected to see first

They are both spayed girls, Scarlett's five and bunny is approximately three years old. It seems like it's going really well, but I'm thinking surely it's not going to be this easy to bond two adult females :lol:

You guys think it's positive then, ok that's made me feel a bit more relaxed! I don't want to assume it's going well then be upset when it all goes wrong :oops: we are taking turns at sleeping on the floor in their room, they have both still been grooming each other and they are cuddled up sleeping right now, Jamie said Scarlett was running away from bunny before though when she was trying to groom her, she didn't full on chase Scarlett though

Scarlett thinks she is too cool to be my mate now she has a bunny to hang out with I think :shock: I'm being completely ignored :lol:

Yeah it's not been stressful at all so far! I'm deffo not getting my hopes up though, I feel like things generally don't go right for me, so I'm not expecting this too :oops:

It doesn't look as positive anymore, over the past couple of hours Scarlett has been flopping in one of the trays, bunny jumps in with her and then Scarlett stamps and jumps out and into the other tray to settle down. Bunny follows and then she does the same again, they have just been going between the two trays like that. Bunny has given up for the moment and is just sitting near the tray, Scarlett's sleeping! This is more like the behaviour I was expecting though

Aw it sounds like a good start! Truffle and fudge are sisters. Their bond is slightly more tempestuous than Tully and Kyla's but they are still good together. With them I just see a bit of chasing and mounting occasionally but it never leads to anything. Most of the time they're snuggling.

Awww :love:

Bunny has just been chasing Scarlett round the room pulling at her fur, and Scarlett just keeps running away from her now. It's been a while since they cuddled up and groomed each other. I don't get why they seemed so loved up last night, I knew it was too good to be true :lol:

Jamie thinks we should put them into the bathroom as it's smaller and they won't be able to get away from each other so easily, but I don't know if that's the best thing to do

I was expecting my internet to be set up by now so I could read up on bonding again to remind myself, but the stupid company have still not sent my details through and pages are taking forever to load on my phone :(

Right I've managed to find Cheryl's bonding thread so going to read that now!

Last edited:
They have just been ignoring each other for the past few hours! I moved them to the bathroom because it's smaller, only problem is there isn't enough room for one of us to sleep in there with them, so now they have made no progress today I have no idea what to do tonight

Yeah they have lots of food out, Scarlett's been stuffing her face :lol:

They have just been ignoring each other for the past few hours! I moved them to the bathroom because it's smaller, only problem is there isn't enough room for one of us to sleep in there with them, so now they have made no progress today I have no idea what to do tonight

Yeah they have lots of food out, Scarlett's been stuffing her face :lol:

How about sleeping in the hall? Glad Scarlett has been enjoying her food!!!

Our bedroom door is right next to the bathroom door, so I think we are just going to sleep in our bed but take turns staying awake listening out for them, it will literally take a few seconds to stick our head out of our room into the bathroom if anything kicks off. We are gonna leave both doors open and we can hear every move they make. I've noticed when we are sitting in the hallway Scarlett's hanging about by the door thinking we have something for her rather than interacting with bunny anyways, so they might get on with it a bit sooner without her being distracted by us :D

Sleep well!!! I remember having the newly bonding quad in the bedroom and sometimes having to put the light on and see what all the fuss was about! Good luck.

Thank you! :love:

Bunnies are relaxing quietly, but Smirnoff has been non stop meowing for about an hour :roll: she clearly thinks there is a party or something going on in the bathroom without her :lol:

Back