• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ideas for upper level?

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of what to put on the upper level in the shed...

When I was planning the layout, I had it in mind that it would be a feeding area with water bowl, bottle and they can be fed up there as it's cleaner off the floor. There's also a table there with a soft carpet mat on top which I thought would be a nice chill out zone. However, I know its early days still, but nearly a week in and still only Dash has been up there! I don't think I've seen any of the others even go on top of the table that's on the floor, only Dash. That was also to be a watering a area, but since no one was venturing upwards, I've had to move all the water down to the main area - i now just have one bowl as Heidi and Dash were only drinking from one anyway, and I've got 2 bottles which are both being used by Summer and Skye. I'm also feeding them on the floor of the hutch. So now I'm a bit stumped (think my creativity has been drained :lol:) I have tried putting food up on the other level but of course only Dash eats it! But even when they do all venture up there I'm not sure I'll want to move the water etc so need to have another purpose, and make it more inviting! I've just ordered this off eBay...

http://bit.ly/1kA8OsC

I thought if I put carrots and things in it that will take a bit more time to eat, the others might go to see what Dash is up to!! So I'll put that on the platform. Should I start to give them some toys? Maybe I could use the table, this one...

(There is a box at the side to jump on there now)

...as a toy/activity table? As it's got a barrier around it balls will roll about without falling off (although knowing my lot they'll just throw them off anyway :lol:) I could maybe hang some toys up there too to make it more interesting. I think I'll have to put some extra step ups around to make it easier to get up to the levels for the lazy buns! At least until they get used to going up!

So anyone have any bright ideas I've not thought of?! :D

Back