• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 naughty bunnies! (DBF pic p10)

joeybun

Warren Scout
... For scaring mummy half to death fighting!
I let them free range the bedroom while I gave the pen a clean out. I usually do this but lola doesn't venture far from the pen - if leaving it at all. But on wednesday she must have felt brave and had a good run around with charlie eventually following him under the bed (somewhere she hasn't been before) the next minute they started chasing eachother but I couldn't see what was happening. Then charlie appeared with a mouth full of fur :?
I got some food to encourage lola out and scattered it in the pen like usual, they where fine for a minute and then both just launched at each other, holding onto each others back. I panicked and opened the pen, charlie came running out and I quickly closed it.
Lola carried on eating but charlie was so shaken up :( I sat on the bed with him to calm him (and myself) down before putting them both in their carrier together - I remember reading about bonding rabbits to put them in an enclosed space? And then took them downstairs and left them in a room. Well I don't knkw if this is the right thing to have done but it worked this time :thumb:

I got these pictures later in the day and following morning (excuse the mess - I don't think they like to have a tidy home :lol: )
20140228_210058_zps7cns6wmw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140228_121607_zpsfpo3yavp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

What? Us fighting.... Nope, we're good as gold :D
20140228_114608_zpsegntpwwc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140228_205638_zps3sp6auxk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140228_205706_zpsn4iwb0ar.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

She didn't appreciate me trying to get a picture of her flopped out :lol:
20140224_202641_zpsaoycwyp4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm thinking it was caused by new territory as they haven't been under the bed together (they might also have been able to smell joey as I have only hoovered under it, not done a thorough clean to neutralise it?) and/or spring fever? They had a little chase about last night but sorted it themselves apart from that they have been fine :? It was awful though, the clumps of fur hanging off eachother :(

Last edited:
makes me feel a bit less guilty about my four fighting... thank you!

My nerves are gone with 2 fighting, i would be a wreck if it was 4! :lol:
I've only had 1 bun before so no experience of fighting - whether its just a little disagreement or a full blown fight. I panicked thinking I would have to keep them separate, and got a bit a head of myself thinking about what I would have to do as regards to another set up :?
They seem ok now :thumb: fingers crossed!

I'm loving your grey & white one :love::love::love: I may have to add her to the bunnynapping list :p

Thank you, I fell in love with her as soon as I seen her pic. I actually reserved her sister who was an aguiti bun, but when I got there something didn't seem right, the breeder seemed to be pushing me to take her (aguiti) so I followed my gut and went with lola :love: she was alot more quiet and needed more reassurance from her brother, but the breeder wanted her to go alone, she thought she was more independent and wanted to be alone but she was terrified of being handled by the kids :cry:

Lola is one of the prettiest rabbits I've ever seen :love: Not often u see that colouring :love:

Thank you :D
Apparently she's a broken opal or lilac butterfly.... I don't have a clue on colouring and it took me a couple of days to realise she had identical markings hence the 'butterfly' :lol:
The back of her head is getting a brown tint to it and I think it looks really pretty :love:

Charlie always does the scariest DBF's his eyes roll back so just the whites can be seen. I have to stand there watching him to see if he is breathing :lol:
20140312_154842_zpswpnq7gly.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And being cute together :love:
20140312_152410-1_zps14asy4gs.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back