• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dash is such a strange rabbit...

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Normal rabbits like a nice comfy litter tray with hay to nibble on while they do their business...

Dash likes to go and sit out in the cold, wet, windy and hay free run for significant periods of time, to sit on his own personal toilet :roll:

Yep mine too. Makes the hutch really easy to clean - but have had to try interesting solutions for a run litter tray!

Yep mine too. Makes the hutch really easy to clean - but have had to try interesting solutions for a run litter tray!

I've given up, originally the poo pile was in the corner, so I put a litter tray under a shelter, and he moved it along to outside of it, so I put a deck board down so it would at least be easier to sweep up, but he moved it along again so I've given up now! It's a pain to clean up but the soil is very organic in that patch - lovely and black :lol: I've actually wondered whether to bag it up and let people use it to fertilize their gardens/allotments!! I do think how much messier the hutch would be if he did it in there, I've only ever seen Dash sat there, never Heidi so I'm sure it's just him, I can't believe the amount of poop that boy produces!! At least it's all nice big healthy poops tho :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I have two different people that come and collect my rabbit and guinea pig waste, including the newspaper. Makes wonderful compost they assure me. So get shovelling!

:lol::lol::lol:

I have two different people that come and collect my rabbit and guinea pig waste, including the newspaper. Makes wonderful compost they assure me. So get shovelling!

I just chucked today's lot, I'm getting new shed and run set up soon so I'm hoping he will change his habits :lol: but if he continues to make his poop piles, I may just advertise it on a local Facebook page as I know there r a few allotments close by, u never know I might get free greens in exchange for poop :lol: :thumb:

I have been putting it in my own compost bin btw but it's now full :roll:

Back