• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which size run?

Which height of run is best?

• 2ft

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3ft

Votes: 18 100.0%

• Total voters

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Do I need a 2ft or 3ft tall run?

Strawbs is a fairly small bun and currently has 2ft but I am wondering if I should get a 3ft incase his new girlfriend is a larger lady and so that he can have more toys etc in there that he could climb on?

I like to be able to climb in to clean out.

Its £99 for a 2ft and £135 for 3. Do I need the 3ft?

I'd say 3ft, I'm going to get a new run and have it 2.5ft so I can still attach the tarp properly. But with a 3ft you have a lot more scope for adding levels (hutches etc) and if one of them did a massive binky there is no way they'd hit the top!
Donny is a pretty big bun and their run is just over 2ft, he is fine in it binky wise but if he stretches up he nearly touches the roof!

Personally I'd always get a 3ft run in the future. It allows them to binky, and must feel much more free for them. I've begged my mom to allow me to get a 3ft high run and the answer is always no :( A 3ft high run will allow you to clean out much more easily and also give you much more scope in terms of furniture :D

I had a 3ft run and it was great, the buns were so much more active in it than the 2ft high and seemed so much happier :wave:

I've had many buns go over the top of a 2ft run when the lid has been lifted for me to either get in or when I'm taking them back to their hutches.

Would much rather have a 3ft with a lid on it.

Agree with what others have said about being able to put extra furniture in aswell, i'm quite getting in to collecting steps and stools of facebook sale/free sites.

I've had many buns go over the top of a 2ft run when the lid has been lifted for me to either get in or when I'm taking them back to their hutches.

Would much rather have a 3ft with a lid on it.

Agree with what others have said about being able to put extra furniture in aswell, i'm quite getting in to collecting steps and stools of facebook sale/free sites.

When Strawbs is free ranging he often jumps onto the top of his 2ft run, and then up onto the roof of his wendy house!

Last edited:
That would give me heart failure :shock::shock::shock:

Don't you worry about him going over the fence :lol:

Next door weren't too happy when he was eating their hanging baskets!

He hasn't done it since the summer. He is a very clever bunny and fairly easy to train and so whilst he is very naughty once he knows he shouldn't do something generally he won't. He just moves on to the next naughty thing to try out!

Ooh go for a 3ft. Then they aren't restricted and you can place things in the run for them to sit on. You will also be able to sit inside the run. Mine has a door on the side so I can get in easy. I would if thought it would be too difficult to get inside if only the top opened ?

Next door weren't too happy when he was eating their hanging baskets!

He hasn't done it since the summer. He is a very clever bunny and fairly easy to train and so whilst he is very naughty once he knows he shouldn't do something generally he won't. He just moves on to the next naughty thing to try out!

:lol::lol::lol:

He looks a little beauty. Not unlike my beloved Peaches.

Another vote for three foot run here.

Back