• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

: )

Upbringing plays a much bigger role in personality than breed, certain breeds have stereotypes but there are always plenty that don't fit that stereotype. The only way you can be certain of a rabbits personality and compatability with your current bunny is to buy/adopt an adult. The friendliest little babies can grow up to be grumpy little things that don't get on with people or other rabbits no matter how good a job you try do. Adults however have already developed their personality and you can pick one that suits you and your rabbit, rescues often help with bonding too which takes a lot of the stress out and if the rabbit you've picked doesn't work out, you can give them back and see if any others are compatible

Some breeds are more likely to be friendly, but tbh, it really depends on the individual rabbit.

The best thing you can do is after he has been neutered, take him to a local rescue and let him choose his girl. :)

Some breeds are more likely to be friendly, but tbh, it really depends on the individual rabbit.

The best thing you can do is after he has been neutered, take him to a local rescue and let him choose his girl. :)

I agree.

Why do you mean date :p as in a play date? :)

Pretty much. You'll bring your rabbit to the rescue and then your rabbit will meet one of their rabbits that has good potential for bonding. They'll be in a neutral space and will be allowed to interact with each other. Depending on how well that date goes it could last five minutes to a hour. If that rabbit isn't a good match your rabbit will go back to the rescue to meet another one, once he finds the girl he wants a couple more dates will happen and then the adoption procedure will be finalized.

?

Pretty much. You'll bring your rabbit to the rescue and then your rabbit will meet one of their rabbits that has good potential for bonding. They'll be in a neutral space and will be allowed to interact with each other. Depending on how well that date goes it could last five minutes to a hour. If that rabbit isn't a good match your rabbit will go back to the rescue to meet another one, once he finds the girl he wants a couple more dates will happen and then the adoption procedure will be finalized.

Any examples of rescues that allows this? :)

Most decent ones, try ringing round ones in your area and having a chat about it with them.

They will want to do a homecheck before getting to that stage though so get your run sorted out first.

Any examples of rescues that allows this? :)

Whereabouts are you? I'm sure there will be one within travelling distance. It's definitely worth it, my girlie is very affectionate with me but had to meet all the boys at the rescue to find one she considered worthy :p

Whereabouts are you? I'm sure there will be one within travelling distance. It's definitely worth it, my girlie is very affectionate with me but had to meet all the boys at the rescue to find one she considered worthy :p

:)

Last edited:
Back