• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spring fever?

luna

Mama Doe
Hi, is it just me or has anyone else noticed their bunnies are particularly hormonal at the mo?

Rosie had been doing a lot of honking and humping this past week and I noticed yesterday that Bobby was humping her which I have never seen before. They are both acting particularly odd.

Anyone else noticed any change in their bunnies behaviour this past week. Could it be spring fever starting early?

I'm just curious :) oh and my bunnies are neutered just in case anyone is wondering x

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
They do start to behave hormonally at this time of the year :? even some of the neutered ones!

Yep, Bella always goes crazy (well, crazier!) this time of the year and according to mum she had made herself quite an impressive nest yesterday! She calms down later in the Spring, February is always the worst for some reason.

Yeah Rosie is acting super hormonal and also very excitable and honking everywhere she goes. Bobby is not very impressed and I've noticed clumps of his fur around today so need to keep a close eye because her humping is starting to irritate him. Poor boy :(

Yeah Rosie is acting super hormonal and also very excitable and honking everywhere she goes. Bobby is not very impressed and I've noticed clumps of his fur around today so need to keep a close eye because her humping is starting to irritate him. Poor boy :(

Aww, poor Bobby is probably wondering what's gotten into his wifey! Humping and fur-pulling etc. usually looks worse than it actually is though, but definitely keep an eye on them just in case.

Yes, two of mine had a tiff big enough to draw blood :shock: not bites thank goodness more I think pulling a bit too much fur out in one go and taking a bit of skin with it.

I've been watching them like a hawk but they seem fine and snuggly now!!!! Darn bunnies! :lol:

Yep, my rabbit Merlin ( a boy ) is getting excited that it's spring, he's neutered so will hopefully calm down soon

Lola is a single bun but I've noticed recently that she's taking a shine to feet now.... :oops:::roll:

When will this darn weather turn a little milder so she can be spayed!

I'm glad to hear I'm not alone with the crazy behaviour.

Just a little update. We are off to the vet today as Bobby appears to have a bite wound under his chin /front of his neck and a load of fur missing. I am really annoyed with Rosie :(

Yesterday they were a bit off with each other and Bobby was ignoring her a bit so I suspect it happened then. They are all snuggly again this morning but I'm not happy. I can't afford for them to unbond !!!

It's probably because the days are getting longer and the temperature is so mild.

Yeah I was thinking that about the weather and perhaps the fact we have had a particularly mild winter?!

Back