• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Suggestions?

Sarah1989

Warren Veteran
I have a double bedroom I want to convert into a bunny room for my4 bunnies - I'm looking to split it in half so one pair in each side. I also need to bond my two singles into a pair, but that's for another post.

What would you recommend?

I'll be keeping their indoor cages in the room as a base for food, water & hay and also as somewhere for them to poo & wee (hopefully!) and then toys & tunnels in the rest of the room.

What would you also suggest to cover the floor with? It's carpeted & a rented house so I don't want to risk having the carpet ruined by norty bunnies weeing on it it digging/chewing it up.

I have pored over the housing stickies, but am lacking in imagination obviously as I'm still clueless :oops: so any advice is much appreciated :wave:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about Lino ( ask at local independant carpet shops they might have a roll end for cheap), or rubber flooring (machine mart have a few different kinds), foam rubber tiles (again machine mart do some, or look on ebay for kids ones) I've got conveyer belt rubber matting in my buns shed, got it for free from conveyor belt firm, but that's 10mm thick and very heavy :shock:

I have a double bedroom I want to convert into a bunny room for my4 bunnies - I'm looking to split it in half so one pair in each side. I also need to bond my two singles into a pair, but that's for another post.

What would you recommend?

I'll be keeping their indoor cages in the room as a base for food, water & hay and also as somewhere for them to poo & wee (hopefully!) and then toys & tunnels in the rest of the room.

What would you also suggest to cover the floor with? It's carpeted & a rented house so I don't want to risk having the carpet ruined by norty bunnies weeing on it it digging/chewing it up.

I have pored over the housing stickies, but am lacking in imagination obviously as I'm still clueless :oops: so any advice is much appreciated :wave:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooh this is a potential thing that I want to do in the future so I have a few ideas :D

To split the room I'd recommend:

Aviary or run panels placed horizontally across the room, with the end ones screwed to the walls. Then I'd probably latch two in the middle together so that I could unlatch it and slide it open - or just step over it! That's my least favourite idea though as the panels won't fit perfectly and aren't designed to stand up in a line.

Alternatively, depending on the room size, something like this might work (although you'd need to mesh it) http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1278484.htm, or http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8705943.htm.

My personal favourite though, is this: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.309266595853006.68615.274922292620770&type=3. You can ask them to make it the exact width of the room to suit you, it looks nice and sturdy and pretty (eee, clear panels look so cool compared to most naff bunny stuff!), and you won't have to faff around with it apart from attach it to the wall. Or you could even buy two extra panels to make it stand up without having to attach it, like they show in the pictures. I'd paint it in a wipe clean kitchen/bathroom paint to make it less enticing for chewers and to keep it looking good for as long as possible/

For the floor, personally I'd probably carefully pull the carpet up and store it in the loft or somewhere. Then I'd lay cheap lino down on the floor. Wood effect lino can look really stylish compared to some of the strange effect ones! For my bedroom, which is about 4 x 4 metres, I calculate it'd cost a maximum of £80 for the lino. Personally I think that's the best way to do it, as you won't ruin and have to replace the carpet which will cost a lot more than £80. The lino is so easy to clean so it's a good investment - you can either leave it down if you move, or take it with you to floor a different room. Then just lay the carpet down, as it's already pre-cut :D This is the lino that I lined my shed with, I don't think it'd look out of place in a house

Last edited:
Back