• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Back on the forum, some help needed :)

ClareH

New Kit
Hi all, so 6 years ago I was a member of this forum and rescued a beautiful little bunny through here, I called him louis. Unfortunately a change in circumstances and a break up meant a lot of upheaval for me and my children, but we are now all settled, animals included and back on our feet and paws! We have 2 dogs, 1 bun, 10 tortoises, 1 hamster and 2 frogs to boot! I am lucky enough to have met another animal obsessed person and he happily dedicates a few hours in the evening with me to care for the animals. We have a new baby on the way, and so I am now relaxing as much as possible and spending a lot of my time online so I'm back on my old forums :)

Sadly I lost one of my rabbits on Sunday, a little girl called Blue, she was only 2, I don't understand what happened, it happened overnight and is a big shock! Louis bless him is still strong as ever but as he is a small boy and I cannot bear for him to be alone I have brought him inside with the intention of him being a house bun :)
Louis was always good with humans, his mate was very jumpy I always respected her boundaries, but I think this rubbed off a little on him, he is however very calm and relaxed and seems to be liking being an indoor bunny. I have made the definate decision that I wouldn't have a rabbit outside again, hopefully he will have a long retirement indoors :)

So the first advice I would like is some on transitioning a rabbit from outdoors to indoors, although it's going well so far, any tips?
And is he going to be ok as a single bunny, we are considering another rescue companion, but I don't know if it would help him or not??

Thanks in advance
Clare x

First of all I am sorry you lost Blue. I have brought a few bunnies indoors this winter and they have settled very well. So, I would just see how he goes and if you feel he is missing rabbit company then you will have to consider getting him another friend. Good luck.

Back