• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

i think my bunny is ill , what should i do?

hudabunny

New Kit
Hello ,,
I have been owning bunny sice 3 months approx,,
Hes about 4 months old ,,
He was very hyper and eats a LOT , and loves his hay pellets,,
But lately "3days ago" he stopped eating properly , he keeps throwing away his pellets bowl and doesnt drink water ,,
His poop is a bit glossy but it is hard , and he pees ok ,,,
I heard him grining his teeth , so i thought it was a tooth ache , then again his ears were hot so i thoght he had fever, i put cool pads on his ears every once and a while , and i took his pellets and some vitamins and put some hot water and made them into a paste and he ate half of the plate which makes me happy cuz at least hes eating something,,
Im still looking for a vet that wud treat rabbits :( but what should i do until then?

Hello

I assume that you are not in the UK ?

It is certainly very important to get your Rabbit to a Vet. Tooth grinding indicates severe pain, so at the very least your Rabbit needs pain relief.

It is importnat to keep him eating and pooing even if all he will take is the paste. If he were to stop eating all together then he would go into gut stasis and become extremely sick. His life would be in danger. Water is also essential. He will get some in the wet pellet paste which should help.

The best thing you can do is to locate a Vet who will see your Rabbit today

Good luck

Hello

I assume that you are not in the UK ?

It is certainly very important to get your Rabbit to a Vet. Tooth grinding indicates severe pain, so at the very least your Rabbit needs pain relief.

It is importnat to keep him eating and pooing even if all he will take is the paste. If he were to stop eating all together then he would go into gut stasis and become extremely sick. His life would be in danger. Water is also essential. He will get some in the wet pellet paste which should help.

The best thing you can do is to locate a Vet who will see your Rabbit today

Good luck

Thank you very much ,
I dont live in the UK actually i live in Saudi Arabia , the problem is rabbits are not common here thats why there arent vets that treat rabbits , but im still looking for one , hope that i find one soon :(
Thank you very much again for the fast reply ♥

Back