• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Accommodation size for a trio

Fluffs

Alpha Buck
Hi :wave:

I know the RWAF minimum housing for a small/ medium pair of rabbits is 6ft x 2ft hutch, 8ft x 4ft run, but what do you reckon is the minimum for 3 (top end of medium) buns? Will a 6 x 6 shed be big enough? If i tried attempting a trio, I would probably have to get bigger than an 8ft x 4ft run wouldn't I ?

Does anyone have a trio? What size housing do your buns live in?
Thanks x

I don't have a trio, but I imagine that 6x6 shed, when attached to a decent run, would be fine :wave: I think an 8x4 run would be fine, would give them a total of 68sqft, but obviously bigger is always better.

My trio have a 6x4 shed with a 6x6 aviary attached but when we are home they are free range on our patio which is totally safe

I have a 6 x 2ft double hutch with a 4 x 4 ft run to a 4 x 10ft run and also a 2.5 x 6 ft chicken coop with run under where they spend mist of the time :roll: unless they are free range :D

They have 24/7 access to everything:)

Last edited:
I can't see why a 6 x 6 shed wouldn't be big enough, it's plenty of space :D an 8 x 10 run would be fine too I'm sure, although if you can go bigger then do it! They'll love it :D

I'm sure they would love a 6ft x6ft shed, I've got a quad and they are in a shed that's just over 6ftx4ft with a 17ftx10ft aviary style run attached. Since they went in there from being in hutch/run combos they have been so much happier, manic binkys all round :lol: so for the run I'd definately say go as big as you can :thumb:

My trio have a 6ft x 5ft shed with a 9ft x 6ft aviary. They do however get a lot of free range time. Your set up sounds like it would be fab! :thumb:

Back