• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Rolo please - feeling better today

Roly Poly

Warren Veteran
My little guy had an episode of not eating on Monday - a visit to the vet and some fibreplex and he was back to normal but today, he seems off again. He wolfed his breakfast down but hasn't eaten since then and seems very subdued, so we have an appointment at 2:50.

Please can you spare some vibes for my special little fella. Thank you xx

Last edited:
Lots of vibes.......hope all is Okay at the vets...

Come on Rolo... get well soon.. xxxxx

Just got back - vet thinks Rolo may have urine infection :(

He's had an anti inflammatory injection and some antiobiotics and I need to give him some fibreplex if he doesn't start eating soon.

Any ideas for coaxing him to eat please xxx

Wet dandelion leaves if you can find any. We are really on our last few here now.

Try lots of his favourite stuff. Can you syring feed him? Some buns are much easier to help than others I know.

Good luck :wave:

Not good :(

He's refusing all food, have managed to syringe some mashed banana into him but he still hasn't pooed.

I'm a bit worried now and see a long night ahead.

I am very sorry to hear Rolo isn't well. I really hope he starts to improve soon. Its always more stressful when its on the weekend too.

Sending millions of pooing and eating vibes. xxx

Thanks everyone - Rolo is really not right and I'm sick with worry.

He has had a tiny bit of mashed banana and some mashed up pellets but he still hasn't pooped.

Vet was confident that his tummy was ok so I'm just praying that he starts eating and pooping soon.

He's still pretty feisty when we try to syringe feed him!

So if anyone can spare any more vibes, they'd really be appreciated.

Thanks xx

Thanks everyone - Rolo is really not right and I'm sick with worry.

He has had a tiny bit of mashed banana and some mashed up pellets but he still hasn't pooped.

Vet was confident that his tummy was ok so I'm just praying that he starts eating and pooping soon.

He's still pretty feisty when we try to syringe feed him!

So if anyone can spare any more vibes, they'd really be appreciated.

Thanks xx

Is he drinking ? If not I would try to get some fluids into him. I assume the Vet checked his teeth ?

What made the Vet think he has a UTI, did Vet say he showed signs of his bladder being painful ?

Has he passed any wee ?

Oh poor thing and what a worry for you. Have you tried any herbs? When misfit was poorly I found that if I continually waved the herbs in front of her nose she'd get really cross, bite the herbs to push them out the way and then inadvertently eat some :oops: bit mean but got the ball rolling!!

Hope he picks up soon.

Is he drinking ? If not I would try to get some fluids into him. I assume the Vet checked his teeth ?

What made the Vet think he has a UTI, did Vet say he showed signs of his bladder being painful ?

Has he passed any wee ?

His teeth were checked on Monday when he went and she did say that they will need some attention soon so I fully intend sorting that out but she didn't think that teeth were the cause of this issue.

He wee'd this morning and it was a reddish colour - so I assume this is why she suspected UTI - I have tried to syringe some water into him but he's such a wriggle, it's really difficult.

I'm in a mess at the moment as I'm so worried.

Back