• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My older bunny pairs.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Stevie and Daisy- Stevie is deaf and practically blind and came from Fife rescue when it was closing down. Daisy came after she developed fly strike and her owner couldn't cope. Daisy produces excess ceacotrophs when fed too much mix or brassicas. Her owner only fed her a cheap mix and kale! She passed things like cow pats when she arrived. She is now fine.

A2365882-BC56-4B7E-94C4-753ED4515981-1388-000001D5F8B4A7BD_zpsb509f01a.jpg

Snowball and Katie- Snowball came aged 6 with his mum when his owner moved abroad. Sadly his mum died last year so we bonded him with Katie. Katie is actually Daisy's mum but arrived the year before when she was taken in to the vet to be PTS. She suffered from the same issues as Daisy but it was complicated by her funny eyes where the third eyelid swells up when she is stressed. Her owner was cleaning her bottom when her third eyelid haemorrhaged and was massively swollen. You can just see Katie's bum under the hay.

AA8523A1-12BC-45A0-82C6-F45459B1504C-1388-000001D61C78ED7B_zps74f77793.jpg

Finally, Runt and Betsy, a match made in heaven. They bonded almost immediately.
Runt had been paired with Xena who was a stroppy bun, and when she died to kidney failure he was a lost wee man. Betsy came aged 5 when her owner moved to Uni. She is totally devoted to him and it makes me sad to think she spend the first 5 years of her life alone.

00FF41D9-BAD2-4E4A-A2AC-E8D0BE15293F-1388-000001D60E33AB05_zpsad7fdcea.jpg

Oh halfpenny they're such adorable bunnies & you've done wonders with them to give them happy fulfilled lives, as you always do with your special rescue.
How are you all up there? I haven't heard for far too long.

Oh what beauties x I love hearing their stories and seeing them surrounded by such lush hay. Lucky rabbits.

Oh halfpenny they're such adorable bunnies & you've done wonders with them to give them happy fulfilled lives, as you always do with your special rescue.
How are you all up there? I haven't heard for far too long.

We are fine thanks Judy. Desperately trying to prepare for winter. We stupidly took in a couple on more animals than we should have- 2 pigs and a goat who were facing PTS. We are having to pay to get some new pens built but it's costing a lot and taking a long time. The walls will be finished today but the floors and roof still have to be done. I could kick myself for taking in the extras but I don't regret it seeing how lovely they are. Still it's going to make winter even harder and more expensive. We do have some wonderful volunteers and that makes a huge difference and overall people are very kind with donations and gifts to the animals. I'm just praying it's not a hard winter, but at least we had a super summer!:D

I'm glad to hear you're fine & that you've got good reliable help at last.
Yes, I always hope for good weather in winter for everyone.

Last year was terrible for grain down here. Torrential rain just after sowing washed it all downhill so many had to resow. Geoff's people's land was so badly flooded, she had to move her animals to friend's farms up to 20 miles away.:shock: Then there are the probs of deep snow.
I think that most of us urban dwellers have little concept of how badly the weather can affect farm animals.

I'm interested whether your goats & pigs come from farms or are unwanted pets. Down here, we've some incredibly stupid people who think they're cute as babies, but haven't a clue how to keep them or handle them when they grow up, & mess up their gardens:cry:

Aww what very lucky buns to have found a home with you :)

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

I'm glad to hear you're fine & that you've got good reliable help at last.
Yes, I always hope for good weather in winter for everyone.

Last year was terrible for grain down here. Torrential rain just after sowing washed it all downhill so many had to resow. Geoff's people's land was so badly flooded, she had to move her animals to friend's farms up to 20 miles away.:shock: Then there are the probs of deep snow.
I think that most of us urban dwellers have little concept of how badly the weather can affect farm animals.

I'm interested whether your goats & pigs come from farms or are unwanted pets. Down here, we've some incredibly stupid people who think they're cute as babies, but haven't a clue how to keep them or handle them when they grow up, & mess up their gardens:cry:

They are pets, or with the goats, sort of working pet in that they were got for milking but people get attached as they become so friendly.

The worst thing at the moment is turning away so many. The winter is hard, especially with my oldies, I seriously expect to lose Sally and Isaac the sheep before the year end, and Conker and Copper the goats too. In fact Conker is very poorly at the moment and we may have to say goodbye this week.

Back