• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent halfpenny photos.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Tiny Tim and Babs.
56F918BB-F0A2-4B48-B08C-24684D275624-139-00000007B93CC4CA_zpsbc5d0716.jpg

Tyler, who lives on oxbow critical care because of dental issues ( probably to 2nd more expensive animal here, if you ignore hay consumption!)
9E483C38-EFCA-424E-A832-F64B84FA7163-139-000000076C28D2FC_zpsce8cdcf4.jpg

Who said cats were not sociable- Loki, Mr Tomsk and Pumpkin.
1029FB45-53EA-417F-8308-D8D1D0DC7F1F-139-000000075C039E94_zps37496223.jpg

Bridget, snuggled up on a wet and windy day-
26742FFD-6D12-4D6D-A4C6-7D1689EDAC77-139-000000072D744509_zps8287c92e.jpg

Moog-
ABBDBFC0-1910-42AD-B664-3AFCD21C9C17-139-000000071C936ABE_zps49af5c68.jpg

Inky, in a lovely new rug donated by a kind person.
564A1B3D-A797-42FB-A1DD-40F3843D1FA2-139-00000007063334CE_zps7efd4119.jpg

Danny, looking for hay-
A00DF2FA-65ED-4ADD-A88A-896DB3114A57-139-00000006F732BCF2_zpsf91ee600.jpg

:love:... What lovely pictures... you have a huge heart, you really do...

Fee xxxx

Beautiful photos. :love::love::love:

I love the one of Danny. Adorable.

Great to hear Tyler is well. Can he eat on his own yet ? Cannot believe your dedication with so many different animals. :love:

I always love looking at your pics, you've got some amazing animals :love:

And I love group cat pics:love:

Lovely photos, I especially love the one of Danny, looks like a painting, I think it would make a lovely Christmas card :love:

Beautiful photos. :love::love::love:

I love the one of Danny. Adorable.

Great to hear Tyler is well. Can he eat on his own yet ? Cannot believe your dedication with so many different animals. :love:

No Tyler only eats critical care and his Metacam, he's as bright as a button, he'll be book in soon for a routine dental to make sure his teeth don't over grow, he produces plenty of droppings so seems to be coping fine.:D

:lol: awwww, bless Danny... That expression! :lol:

I love looking at your pics. :love:

Wish I could visit... You do such an amazing job.xx

:lol: at least the sheep and goats' diets aren't really that different!

Could I be cheeky and ask for a list of what you have got?

:lol: at least the sheep and goats' diets aren't really that different!

Could I be cheeky and ask for a list of what you have got?

They are slightly different, in the goats need more copper than sheep, and too much copper can be quite dangerous to sheep.

At this moment in time, and numbers vary, because we obviously have lots of oldies and poorlies.
We have 21 rabbits, 9 guinea pigs, 3 quail, 1 kakariki, 1 African Pygmy hedgehog, 1 tortoise, 2 gerbils,
8 dogs, 16 cats, 2 chinchillas, 8 pigs, 8 goats, 8 sheep, 3 horses, 6 ponies, 2 donkeys, 8 ducks, 24 chickens and 16 doves.

They are slightly different, in the goats need more copper than sheep, and too much copper can be quite dangerous to sheep.

At this moment in time, and numbers vary, because we obviously have lots of oldies and poorlies.
We have 21 rabbits, 9 guinea pigs, 3 quail, 1 kakariki, 1 African Pygmy hedgehog, 1 tortoise, 2 gerbils,
8 dogs, 16 cats, 2 chinchillas, 8 pigs, 8 goats, 8 sheep, 3 horses, 6 ponies, 2 donkeys, 8 ducks, 24 chickens and 16 doves.

:shock:

Wow... How do you guys manage? That's incredible... Thank goodness the animals find a safe place with you.xx

No Tyler only eats critical care and his Metacam, he's as bright as a button, he'll be book in soon for a routine dental to make sure his teeth don't over grow, he produces plenty of droppings so seems to be coping fine.:D

:love: Glad Tyler is well, hope the routine dental helps.

:shock:

Wow... How do you guys manage? That's incredible... Thank goodness the animals find a safe place with you.xx

We have some wonderful volunteers and some very generous donations, although we finance the bulk of it ourselves. We try to have a set routine, although its often upset with vet visits or volunteers not being able make it. We try to give large area, which need less cleaning and are easier to do, we get up at 5, I'm having a glass of wine to unwind after visiting my mum in hospital while mike does the outdoor animals, in 15 mins or so we will feed indoors, this includes feeding and meds, and probably put the light out at 11-12 ish.

Tonight Incy the guinea pig will get his baytril, Tyler the chinnie will get his metacam and oxbow, Helga and Daisy will get their hyperthyroid meds ( cats) and Corrie the collie will get his epilepsy meds.

Mike feeds the goats, pigs, sheep and checks the horses before leaving for work at 6.30. I feed the rabbits, guineas, doves, hens and indoor animals before leaving at 8.30. I get home at 11.30, take the dogs for a runs and do weekly cleaning out chores with the volunteers. In the evening we do more mucking out after tea and finally put them all to bed again.

Oops!!! I forgot Xander the gander!!!!!!!

Last edited:
We have some wonderful volunteers and some very generous donations, although we finance the bulk of it ourselves. We try to have a set routine, although its often upset with vet visits or volunteers not being able make it. We try to give large area, which need less cleaning and are easier to do, we get up at 5, I'm having a glass of wine to unwind after visiting my mum in hospital while mike does the outdoor animals, in 15 mins or so we will feed indoors, this includes feeding and meds, and probably put the light out at 11-12 ish.

Tonight Incy the guinea pig will get his baytril, Tyler the chinnie will get his metacam and oxbow, Helga and Daisy will get their hyperthyroid meds ( cats) and Corrie the collie will get his epilepsy meds.

Mike feeds the goats, pigs, sheep and checks the horses before leaving for work at 6.30. I feed the rabbits, guineas, doves, hens and indoor animals before leaving at 8.30. I get home at 11.30, take the dogs for a runs and do weekly cleaning out chores with the volunteers. In the evening we do more mucking out after tea and finally put them all to bed again.

Dedication and routine... You guys are awesome. :love: it's incredible the amount you have to remember, especially meds etc.
I was thinking the same as LaraFarah RE. winter... :shock: Must be hard at times.
I hope you enjoy your wine, more than deserved.xx

Back