• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

6ft hutch cover

Peterbunny

Mama Doe
Hello!

I'm keen to get a decent hutch cover this year, one that's waterproof and insulated.

I've got the 6ft happy hutch and am struggling to find anything! I'm not confident in making my own and currently I just throw a clear tarp over!

I've had a quote from someone on eBay, £90, and had a hunt around and found a sharples and Newton ( think its called that!) 6ft one but its not insulated and I can't work out if I can fit insulation underneath.

So....those of you who have 6ft hutches....which cover do you have?!

Ta :D

I have one off ebay, about the same price as your quote so presume its the same person (I have a 6ft HH). It was expensive but totally worth it, really robust, I've had it 2 years through gails, snow the lot and it still looks new.

The scratch and newton ones are pretty flimsy. You can get a hutch snuggle to go underneath but its another cost so makes the cover similarly priced. I'd worry it would tear in the wind though.

I have one off ebay, about the same price as your quote so presume its the same person (I have a 6ft HH). It was expensive but totally worth it, really robust, I've had it 2 years through gails, snow the lot and it still looks new.

The scratch and newton ones are pretty flimsy. You can get a hutch snuggle to go underneath but its another cost so makes the cover similarly priced. I'd worry it would tear in the wind though.

Glad to hear, ordered one off the eBay man a couple of weeks ago. Can't wait to get it now.

Glad to hear, ordered one off the eBay man a couple of weeks ago. Can't wait to get it now.

Thank you both :)

Interesting to hear you have ordered one 2 weeks ago, I wasn't sure how long the order would take so I better get a wiggle on!!

Thank you both :)

Interesting to hear you have ordered one 2 weeks ago, I wasn't sure how long the order would take so I better get a wiggle on!!

I spoke to them before ordering and they told me it can be upto 4 weeks for delivery as they are really busy right now. Spoke to them a couple of days ago (2 weeks after ordering) and they had just started making mine so shouldn't be too long now. So excited about it after hearing all good things about them on here.

Yes, I think you should get a wiggle on! Especially looking out of my window right now...it's miserable outside!

I'll update here on the quality of the covers etc if it's ok with the OP.

Back