• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am i worrying over nothing?

Tidgy

Warren Scout
I'm still unsure if my trio are happy and I'd just like some reassurance please. Sadly i work full time so i can't sit and watch them all the time, but this is what i have seen.

Most of the time during free range, they all seem happy to graze the grass and mooch about within close range of each other (my garden is not massive). Sometimes they flop and rest together, it can be a pair or all three resting together.:D
I've seen Fudge (the biggest bun) groom both Peanut and Fluff. I've seen Peanut groom fluff. I've seen them all lie together, snuggled up, but i've also seen Fudge sniff Peanuts bottom then chase him. Peanut does not like this one bit. I've also seen Peanut do the same to Fluff and occasionally there will be a scruff of fur pulled from one bunny bottom during the chase, but no yelps nor any fights. The chasing is only for a minute then everything goes back to normal. Over the weekend while we were out in the garden working and the buns were free ranging i saw the chasing maybe three times at the most over the two days.

Is this all normal behavior? Should i be concerned about the occasional fur pulls?

Mine do chase each other occasionally, Roo (female) is much more dominant and they don't have a really strong bond, but they do still snuggle up and obviously love each other very much.

I think a degree of that is normal, but if there is anything you could do to strengthen their bond then I'd definitely do it! :wave:

mine do that occasionally and get a bit annoyed at each other... but they are fully bonded. Not sure about yours but it could just be their temperament - I just think some buns are more feisty than others! lol

Bilbo loves playing chase with Cloud and does sometimes come away with a tuft of white fur in his mouth, but they never scrap. Cloud usually stops the game when he's fed up and Bilbo may then nudge and nip his bum a few times but will give up if he won't play.

Look for body language, if the chasing bun has ears up and forward and tail normal I take this to mean that they're playing in my buns, as when rabbits lunge or attack I believe their chin is forward with ears back and tail up.

Thank you all. It's reassuring to hear that others have bunnies that play like this. It doesn't ever appear very aggressive, but i look out for some of those signs (apart from the ears up...as they are lops and only ever get as far as helicopter stage :lol: )

Thanks again, it's so helpful to hear others experiences :thumb:

Back