• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Insulated bed

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Remembered this I'd pinned on Pinterest ages ago!

CA937F19-0FA3-445D-AAAE-51A8EEE699A2-75908-000044179EF9848A_zps9a725b18.jpg

I'm thinking of doing this to put inside the bunnies bed areas for winter, that way they won't need tons of straw/hay and it will be easy to clean if they do decide to wee in it :thumb: Just thought I'd share in case anyone else was looking for ideas! :wave:

That's quite cool. Definitely useful for those with outdoor buns I would say.

Wonder if in the summer you could replace the insulation with ice packs...although actually just putting an ice pack in there would work nicely anyway I think.

Ooh, that is a good idea ! You could use vet bed type stuff in the bottom instead of the straw too :D

Just need to find boxes of the right sizes now :lol: I feel like winter has sneaked up on us! Ok so it's only just turning to autumn but I've still got so many jobs to do on the rabbit hutches, especially Summer and Skye's which needs a revamp. That's before I start thinking about winter insulation! But I feel like its gone so cold I need to sort it ASAP. Might try and get a couple of days off work and have an extended weekend so I can get everything done before the bad weather really sets in!

I don't see why not if you've got room for giant boxes :lol: Ikea do some good sized ones, I cut one down for a big litter tray, it was huge!

I've just got a little hutch locally on ebay which I was going to use as a winter bed for them in the shed, but I wonder if I could use it as the inside box for this ...
Mind you, you can bet your life if I do, they'll never set foot in it. :roll:

What a great idea. Love the fact it has a round hole at the front too. 3 (one single and a pair) of mine have hutches with loads of hay in and nice cosy hidey boxes but all choose to lie behind the hutch out in the run ... I still want to try one of these though. Will be good for the shed bunnies too.

What a great idea. Love the fact it has a round hole at the front too. 3 (one single and a pair) of mine have hutches with loads of hay in and nice cosy hidey boxes but all choose to lie behind the hutch out in the run ... I still want to try one of these though. Will be good for the shed bunnies too.

I know they never do what u want do they :lol: but I always think as long as u provide its their choice whether they make use of it!

What a fantastic idea. I built a hidey house made out of wood for their run but I don't think I've ever seen them in it!!! Things might change now its getting a bit colder. I definitely going make one of those and keep that in the run as well. Thanks for the idea.

Back